The Russians are coming!

Community Forums/General Help/The Russians are coming!

GfK(Posted 2010) [#1]
Oh yes. They are.

I'm getting absolute bucketloads of junkmail, from Russia, in Russian, just lately. Literally hundreds a day now, and its getting worse.

I basically want to filter out any emails coming from .ru domains (which they all are). I looked at SpamAssassin which allowed me to do exactly that, but I don't want it to even bother looking at anything else as I don't want to run the risk of it accidentally nuking something important.

I don't see any help docs within CPanel that will tell me how to do this.

Is there a way to do this without using SpamAssassin?

Lil help?

[edit] By the way - I use IMAP so I don't want to just shunt them all into a separate folder. I want to kill them on the server as they arrive.

D4NM4N(Posted 2010) [#2]
If u use Thunderbird, add all the Russian non Latin looking vowels to a filter. Works perfectly for.me ;)
I also did it for Thai and the most common Chinese letters.
Takes a while but worth it. You can backup the filters too so you only need do it once.
Wish someone would write a plugin though.:/

Ps if you tell the filter to move them to deleted they will be expunged from the IMAP server. I dump my trash every session (an option in settings somewhere).
What I do is keep a copy of Thunderbird running in its own session on my IMAP server tuned in to localhost, that way it cleans my inbox automatically for my client pcs every time the IMAP server collects all my mail from various places.

Shambler(Posted 2010) [#3]
I have noticed a sudden appearance of russian spam or 'спам' recently.

Hang on!, blitz forum can't cope with russian characterset?! get with it guys!...the russians are coming! ;)