bmax failed to link blah.bmx

Community Forums/General Help/bmax failed to link blah.bmx

Nate the Great(Posted 2010) [#1]
when I am doing a project(s) I usually organize it on my desktop and clean everything else off so when I get on I concentrate on my project(s) and dont have to go searching through my HD. My problem only started the past month and before that nothing weird ever happened. so heres the problem after running a program over an over testing for bugs adding stuff etc basicly writing over the old exe many times windows or the bmax ide declares it has had enough and wants a break and this is how it tells me.

This program compiled perfectly for me once and then I changed something and ran it again and bam I got this error. This has happened several times in the past month and I have simply moved folders suspecting it got corrupted but this is getting rediculous.

Linking:sphgoo.exe
C:/BlitzMax/bin/ld.exe: cannot open output file C:/Users/Nathan/Desktop/sph/sphgoo.exe: Permission denied
Build Error: Failed to link C:/Users/Nathan/Desktop/sph/sphgoo.exe
Process complete

Could it be a bad HD? I just got a new one recently so I doubt that. I made sure UAC was off and I just cant figure it out. The only way to solve it that I know is to copy all the stuff to another folder.

Nate the Great(Posted 2010) [#2]
wait, it turns out bmax does not end my program. It ends the graphics window but it randomly forgets to end the actual process so it just keeps on running and it wont allow the exe to be written over...

slenkar(Posted 2010) [#3]
thats very strange, are you using any 3rd party stuff?

Nate the Great(Posted 2010) [#4]
minib3d.. thats it and I just installed miniGW but that didnt change anything and whats even weirder is the IDE forgets the program is running so I cant end it with the stop button..

GfK(Posted 2010) [#5]
There is already a thread about it: http://www.blitzbasic.com/Community/posts.php?topic=90485