why wont Blitz3D recognise parententity?

Community Forums/General Help/why wont Blitz3D recognise parententity?

Blitzplotter(Posted 2010) [#1]
I've updated to the latest BLitz3D, however parententity is not being recognised as a command. Anyone else experience this ?

Warner(Posted 2010) [#2]
and EntityParent?

Ross C(Posted 2010) [#3]
Was ParentEntity a valid Blitz3D coomand. It's not in my docs, or the online docs on this site...

Ross C(Posted 2010) [#4]
Ok, i've tested back to version 1.85, and Blitz still doesn't recognise the command. I DO remember using it once before, and this thread also mentions it too...

http://www.blitzbasic.com/Community/posts.php?topic=89089

puki(Posted 2010) [#5]
Graphics3D 800,600

cube%=CreateCube()
cube2%=CreateCube(cube)

Print cube
Print cube2
Print

parent%=ParentEntity(cube2)

Print parent

Ross C(Posted 2010) [#6]
Doesn't work on any version from .85 to 1.05. What version you running?

puki(Posted 2010) [#7]

Having said that, it could be that a third party has reinstated it somewhere in my libs.

puki(Posted 2010) [#8]
Nope, doesn't seem to be a 3rd party thing.

Just seems to work for me.

_PJ_(Posted 2010) [#9]
Ok, i've tested back to version 1.85, and Blitz still doesn't recognise the command. I DO remember using it once before, and this thread also mentions it too...

http://www.blitzbasic.com/Community/posts.php?topic=89089

Interesting.

ParentEntity isn't recognised for me either (v1.05) nor appears in the docs (I checked the Help folder too, in case it was just missing from the index list...

It still might have been snuck into some .lib declaration somewhere, I know I've not been around here as long as many of you, but I've never seen nor heard of it...

Blitzplotter(Posted 2010) [#10]
the reason I asked is Charrua uses it in the source code for the track generation, I commented out the line - after trying entityparent to no avail also. I suppose I should have asked Charrua which version he is using.

Yasha(Posted 2010) [#11]
It's part of MikhailV's FastExtension.

How To Identify A Userlib By Command:

1) Open a command line

2) Navigate to your Blitz3D\bin folder

3) Run "blitzcc -k > commandlist.txt" (this prints off all the commands currently registered with the compiler - redirected to a text file for searching)

4) Open the text file and search for the command

5) It'll be surrounded by others from that userlib, which makes it easy to identify!

Charrua(Posted 2010) [#12]
all days i learn something new

some day i started to use it, some times (most of the time) i don't remember exactly a command and try some things like entityBLA or BLAentity to see which is highlighted, probably in this way i found ParentEntity and started to use.

sorry bp, in the "cars ai" thread i suggested a little change doing unnecesary to use ParentEntity

Juan

_PJ_(Posted 2010) [#13]
It's part of MikhailV's FastExtension.

Ah that would explain it :) Something I don't use.