Itunes wont let me get my music off my ipod...

Community Forums/General Help/Itunes wont let me get my music off my ipod...

Nate the Great(Posted 2010) [#1]
hey

I found my ipod after it has been missing for more than 6 months. During this 6 months both my comptuers HD's crashed which unfortunately both backed up eachothers itunes songs, I figured since they were on my ipod it would be ok, so I plugged in my ipod opened up itunes and it started asking me for a password to authorize my account before it would let me get my songs on my computer and back them up. I tried to log in but it says my account isnt valid. I think I know how I could rip the songs off of my ipod, all apple does for security is hide the folders with the os and music files which is kinda silly and easy to get by but the names are encoded and somehow itunes stops programs like quick time from playing the songs as long as the itunes process is running. Anyone know how I can get my songs back?

edit: some files are 'protected' and simply wont play any way to undo this? I used to have a nifty app to do it but it went down with everything else

andy_mc(Posted 2010) [#2]
google for programs to get music from your ipod, I can't remember what they're claled but there's plenty out there. Itunes reallly needs a feature to recover itself by copying from an ipod.

ziggy(Posted 2010) [#3]
yamipod is your best friend...i would suggest you to stay away from iTunes if you want to do whatever you decide with your music. http://www.yamipod.com/main/modules/home/

Nate the Great(Posted 2010) [#4]
thanks andy and ziggy, now all of my music is drm free! :)