Blender - Curious questions

Community Forums/General Help/Blender - Curious questions

Shortwind(Posted 2010) [#1]
Um, I hope these are not too stupid but here goes:

I would like to use Blender to create my sprites, buildings, etc, for use as 2D in BlitzMax. (If I can teach myself how to use it.) I'm a complete idiot when it comes to 3D game creation.

1. Can I render to any size output - say I want to render to 64x64.bmp or .png?

2. Can the software render animated sequences to a tilemap type file? Or spitestrip type file? Something that can be used by the BlitzMax command DrawAnimImage()... Or do I have to create the file in a seperate program from individual renders?

Again, sorry if these are completely useless questions. I just downloaded and installed blender and haven't played with it much. I just don't want to waste my time learning something if it will not help me.

Shagwana(Posted 2010) [#2]
1. Yes, you can

2. You can render to avi or a number of image files. Then you will probley need to process them into a tile image formated image of your own choosing. Maybe a simple blitz app to chop frames and place them on an image.

Shortwind(Posted 2010) [#3]
Hmmm. I wonder if anyone has written a Python script to do just this task??? I'll have to do some research....

Kryzon(Posted 2010) [#4]
No need to write your own application to stitch your animation strip. Use GlueIT.

D4NM4N(Posted 2010) [#5]
My spriteforge app may be what you want (see sig), it works well with the b3d exporter from blender (a 3rd party script)

It is free for sprites up to a certain size.

Shortwind(Posted 2010) [#6]
Thanks, D4NM4N, I'll look into it.

therevills(Posted 2010) [#7]
+1 for GlueIT

and

+10 for SpriteForge ;)