Free Amiga Emulator

Community Forums/General Help/Free Amiga Emulator

QuickSilva(Posted 2010) [#1]
Hi guys, does anyone know of a good, free, Amiga emulator that contains everything that I need to run it? I have Amiga Forever on CD but cannot find it at the moment and I need to get some of my old Amiga stuff running again ASAP.

Can anyone help?

Jason.

Shortwind(Posted 2010) [#2]
Winuae is the defacto standard best Amiga emu for windows. (Which Amiga Forever actually uses as the main engine.) The problem, of course, is where you can get kickstart disks, workbench disks, and the main roms. Technically the roms, etc, are still under protection, so there is no "free" complete version of a amiga emulator.

Shortwind(Posted 2010) [#3]
I'm sure someone can email you the main ROM file, since you declare that you legally own the rights to use this file. (By owning Amiga Forever.)

:D

QuickSilva(Posted 2010) [#4]
It`s OK, I`ve just found my original CD so I`m all set to go now. I may upgrade in the future though as my version is pretty old. Is anyone using the latest version? Is it possible to run the emulator in a windowed mode?

Jason.

Shortwind(Posted 2010) [#5]
Just goto the main WinUAE site and download and install the latest version. It is really awesome. Since you found the main ROM, your all set. Just run WinUAE directly and setup your configuration you need there.

WinUAE Main Site

You can configure any style amiga you need. Any window size. Memory... everything to your hearts content.

Best of all, I'd say 95% of all games and programs work flawlessly now. Just like sitting at a real amiga. And with the CPU and JIT options, you can get a free speed boost or the real amiga!!! :D

QuickSilva(Posted 2010) [#6]
Great, thanks. I will check it out.

Jason.

Shortwind(Posted 2010) [#7]
Let me know if you have any other difficulties, I'm very good with winuae and the amiga, in general... :D

You can email me at shortwind@... if needed.