Forum Images

Community Forums/General Help/Forum Images

Streaksy(Posted 2010) [#1]
Somehow I have no clue how to have embeddable images without paying for a web host. Anyone know a good (free) service for hosting images so I can show screenshots of everything on my posts?

Cheers =D

jhocking(Posted 2010) [#2]
I recommend Photobucket for that purpose because it's very simple, but it's far from the only or even best free image host.

EOF(Posted 2010) [#3]
I aqree with the PhotoBucket recommendation
It's a bit slow to navigate around but it has a nice feature such as clicking a "Direct Link" button which copies the images URL location to the clipboard

In the Blitz forum you can then paste this between the {img} {/img}
(replace {} with [] though)

jhocking(Posted 2010) [#4]
Actually you don't need the img tags on this forum. On most forums you do, but this forum automatically embeds images when you link to them.

big10p(Posted 2010) [#5]
I can set you up an FTP account on my hosting, if you want.

Dabhand(Posted 2010) [#6]
dropbox?

http://www.dropbox.com/

Test from my dropbox:-

Dabz

_PJ_(Posted 2010) [#7]
Embedded images rather than linked images (I.E. the images appear on a web page, but cannot be downloaded from that page with context-menu or similar) are possible with netfirms.com's free web hosting service.

The downside to the free service from netfirms, is the inclusion of adverts which are autiomatically affixed to the top of any html page. These adverts are quite unobtrusive, though.

Streaksy(Posted 2010) [#8]
Okay thanks everyone. And thanks for the offer big10p, but I'll see if I can get photobucket figured out before I bother yer. Cheers.

Dabhand(Posted 2010) [#9]
Dropbox is a handy little tool mind, so dont overlook it... Basically, it sets a folder up on your machine that you plonk files in... Just drag something across like you would normally do in explorer, it'll upload this automagically to the dropbox servers, you right click the file in explorer, select dropbox/Copy Public Link, post that into a image tag and your sorted! ;)

Dabz

GaryV(Posted 2010) [#10]
Dabhand: Sounds like MS's Skydrive?

big10p(Posted 2010) [#11]
Okay thanks everyone. And thanks for the offer big10p, but I'll see if I can get photobucket figured out before I bother yer. Cheers.
It's no bother. Drop me an email if you change your mind. DropBox does sound pretty neat, though. :)

Dabhand(Posted 2010) [#12]

Dabhand: Sounds like MS's Skydrive?

I've never used that GaryV, so I dunno... Dropbox does me though, I have webspace, but, for quick things, its been ideal, and you cannot ask for more than that! ;)

Dabz

Doggie(Posted 2010) [#13]
tinypic.com

no setup no muss no fuss no login no nothin except upload your pic and copy the url.

Streaksy(Posted 2010) [#14]
Hmm nice. Might give dropbox a shot afterall...

jhocking(Posted 2010) [#15]
I use Dropbox all the time actually, but I've never thought of linking to files. I use it because a) it makes it trivially easy to share files between computers even between operating systems; it just keeps the dropbox folder synced on both machines, and b) it keeps old versions of files for 30 days.