Translation help

Community Forums/General Help/Translation help

Crovean(Posted 2010) [#1]
Hey.

Can someone help translate "Block Indent", "Block Outdent", "Step", "Step In", "Step Out" and "Halt" to Swedish please?

I guess Halt is Stoppa... but my english sucks big time so I don't know and I need your help.. :)

Cheers

nawi(Posted 2010) [#2]
In which context are these? Are you translating something, or do you just need to know what those mean? Have you tried automatic translation services?

Crovean(Posted 2010) [#3]
Yeah, but I don't think the translators are right.. I need the translates for an IDE I'm working on..

Czar Flavius(Posted 2010) [#4]
Are you making Swedish Blitz Basic? :D

nawi(Posted 2010) [#5]
Svenska blitz basic? Fy fan, det er fullt av fånig och jag kan inte talar svenska men.. never mind.

D4NM4N(Posted 2010) [#6]
@nawi Men du kan skriver det :/ ?

Best i can come up with from my dodgy swedish.

Sluta/stoppa = quit/stop?
Inträda = Step in?
Utträda = Step out?
strecksatsen = Indent?

Is the best i can do unless a beter translator person can "step in" :D

Crovean(Posted 2010) [#7]
Nice try on the swedish guys... :-) D4N... I don't know about those words, that's what you get if you make an direct translate.. But I don't think it's right. It sounds sooo wrong... :-)

Brucey(Posted 2010) [#8]
Hold on. Aren't you actually IN Sweden?
Wouldn't it be easier to ask a colleague? :-p

Crovean(Posted 2010) [#9]
hehe, well I could.... if they didn't suck as much as me in english.... :/ :D

D4NM4N(Posted 2010) [#10]
An update (after i have had a chance to check with her), my GF who speaks fantastic english says that "inträda and utträda" are good for the job of "step in" & "step out", and that "Avbryt" is a good word for "cancel" or "stop & exit" on a website/app.

However she has no idea what "block indent" means, let alone the concept. (despite my desparate attempts to educate. (she is a gamer rather than an app user :)).