Stopping other programs interruptions

Community Forums/General Help/Stopping other programs interruptions

fox95871(Posted 2010) [#1]
Hi, what can be done about programs that ruin Blitz3D games with their graphic blips, minimizing of the game, and sound interruptions? Is there any way to make Blitz3D games "take over" your computer more like commercial games do?

jfk EO-11110(Posted 2010) [#2]
There was a userlib to set the Blitz's Process Priority, but if the other program has the highest Priority then there isn't much you can do, even with highest priority too, the 2 will still have the same rights and therefor the other task my interrupt or disturb your blitz app.

One thing I found out is: some apps will draw a request alert or so (eg. zonealarm firewall) to your fullscreen. Funny stuff since they will always draw to buffer zero, but since you are using FLIP again and again, it may be complete coincedence if your system is currently displaying buffer zero or buffer one. The only solution is to flip to the right buffer just before you perform a task that will make a firewall pop its message up, eg. before you try to connect to the web. I recall I have postet something like that in the archives some years ago.

3.: It's not a shame to tell the users in a readme file that they should deactivate their heavy background tasks to prevent troubles. It may be explained in "known problems" or so. This is better than to deactivate the users Antivirus app by your code, or something like that. They may even sue you for their heart-attack, if you do so :)

fox95871(Posted 2010) [#3]
They can only sue me if they can find me. Can you put up a link to the dll you mentioned? I like the sound of it.

puki(Posted 2010) [#4]
http://www.blitzbasic.com/codearcs/codearcs.php?code=2363