Limited edition games with stat boost

Community Forums/General Help/Limited edition games with stat boost

Digital Anime(Posted 2010) [#1]
A lot of games are available with extra statboost in a limited edition asking sometimes 10 Euro's more then the standard version.

I notice when I buy a game and know there is a limited version with better stats I buy that version if I really want to play that game. But on the other hand I also see it a bit as cheating when playing these games online against eachother with better items.

In Aion for example you get a good headstart with the limited edition, because you save yourself 1M kinah because of the included lvl 30 wings. But in the end this won't matter much because you will have better wings and items anyway in the end.

But I noticed with BF Bad Company 2 that when you buy the limited edition your verhicles will always have better armor, and in those games I think it will be unfair in multiplayer against others. So new players who didn't get the chance to buy the limited edition will have an unfair match each round. I know it's a selling point, but I don't want to buy the game because of the unbalance.

In the new Alien vs Predator it's only a few unique skins in the limited edition, but that won't affect gameplay online.

I just wonder how you all feel about limited editions with stat boost.