PRP: Help with the Mac & Linux port needed

Community Forums/General Help/PRP: Help with the Mac & Linux port needed

Grisu(Posted 2010) [#1]
Hi guys!

As some of you might know I have been working on my little internet radio player for quite a while.

I don't own a Mac, nor have I decent experience with Linux. For this reason the Mac & Linux distributions are quite outdated.

Is someone here interested in helping me with these platforms?

Grisu

markcw(Posted 2010) [#2]
Well I tried the Linux version and I feel a bit stupid saying this but where is the actual app?

D4NM4N(Posted 2010) [#3]
The gui bit works perfectly and connects to stations, but i cannot hear anything (which doesnt surprise me because my current PCs soundsystem is a multidevice nightmare).

@Mark, you need to run the sh file from terminal. with "./" in front

Grisu(Posted 2010) [#4]
The Linux distribution is ancient, but at least you should hear something.... X(

P.S.: You should be able to use the "stations" folder from the windows version in order to get the latest updates there. Currently there're over 500 radio stations included.

SebHoll(Posted 2010) [#5]
If you want to compile againt FLTK on Linux, you may like to apply this bug fix to the MaxGUI 1.36 release, so that button icons are nice and centered:

FLTKMaxGUI Button Image Offset Fix

markcw(Posted 2010) [#6]
Thanks Dan. Yeah I can't hear any sound here either and I get an error message.
mark@mark-laptop:~/Pocket Radio Player$ ./Pocket\ Radio\ Player.sh
mark@mark-laptop:~/Pocket Radio Player$ Gtk-Message: Failed to load module "canberra-gtk-module": 
/usr/lib/gtk-2.0/modules/libcanberra-gtk-module.so: wrong ELF class: ELFCLASS64

D4NM4N(Posted 2010) [#7]
Same

Grisu(Posted 2010) [#8]
Don't know what's causing this. Only Brucey might know.

D4NM4N(Posted 2010) [#9]
It looks like a 64 bit issue.

Grisu(Posted 2010) [#10]
I could e-mail you my full source code, if you want to...

dawlane(Posted 2010) [#11]
Dan is right by saying it's a 64bit issue if your using a 64bit linux box.
Whats happening is that some part of it or a library (possibly one of the 32bit gtk libs in /usr/lib32) is linking (or calling a function) libcanberra-gtk-module.so in /usr/lib (the 64bit version) not to /usr/lib32 as libcanberra-gtk-module.so doesn't exist in ia32libs package.
I have come upon this problem before when trying out wxMax on a 64bit Ubuntu setup.
I didn't look to deeply into this problem, but it would involve a lot of digging about in the 32bit packages to extract the necessary libraries.
A fast work around would be to do a chroot of a 32bit linux setup.

Edit: here's a little pointer if your going to dig around in the binaries http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=435940

Grisu(Posted 2010) [#12]
So did you guys get the old version to work?