Ultimate Unwrap 3D Help please

Community Forums/General Help/Ultimate Unwrap 3D Help please

Blitzplotter(Posted 2009) [#1]
Hi folks, I am attempting to make a model in UU3D. I select individual squares on a face that I want to extrude, & manage to extrude successfully which is great.

However, when I attempt to access individual squares on another face, or anywhere for that matter I cannot select sub-squares of a modeal at all, the whole left hand pane goes red instead of being able to select multiple individual squares by holding down the shift key.

Thanks in advance for any help towards reverting the left hand pane to individual square selection upon a model after the first extrusion.

Ross C(Posted 2009) [#2]
Do you, by any chance, have the GROUP select tool in operation, instead of the polygon tool. Only problem is, your have to triangulate the geometry first :)

Blitzplotter(Posted 2009) [#3]
Hmm, I've tried initially going through the various tool selections to find a remedy, I will try having another stab at it. I trust, when you say I have to triangulate the geometry first that this might be achieved by saving it and re-loading the model? Will try it when I get back to my machine that has UU3D on it. Cheers ;)

Blitzplotter(Posted 2009) [#4]
The support team at Ultimate Unwrap have provided me with a solution in less than 24 hours, I am using the 'S' shortcut and subsequently selecting the additional squares I want to extrude via the 3D pane instead of the 2d pane.

You can't ask for any better support than that! I whole heartedly recommend Ultimate Unwrap as an excellent product which allows you to both model and texture meshes, then save them in b3d format for use within Blitz, link available here:

http://www.unwrap3d.com/u3d/index.aspx

Ross C(Posted 2009) [#5]
Yep, i love it. Some say it's rubbish cause it's a mac tool, but i like it all the same. Oh, and you can triangulate a model/selection, in the 3d menu :)