C4D to 3DS Conversion please help

Community Forums/General Help/C4D to 3DS Conversion please help

Oiduts Studios(Posted 2009) [#1]
Can someone with C4D please convert this model http://www.turbosquid.com/FullPreview/Index.cfm/ID/345239
to a blitz3d supported model and email it to me. I am doing a project for school and must have a working roller coaster by Monday...

Oiduts Studios(Posted 2009) [#2]
Thank you C4D owners, i never met the deadline.

GfK(Posted 2009) [#3]
Thank you C4D owners, i never met the deadline.
Why the animosity? Its nobody's fault but yours if you couldn't do your homework.

Beaker(Posted 2009) [#4]
I tried to convert this file with Unwrap3d. I can see why no one converted it for you.

1) You can only convert it in Cinema4d. Not many people own it as far as I know.
2) You have to register with turbo squid to download the file. This is quite off-putting.
3) The file is huge (2MB) and probably too high poly to be imported into Blitz3d anyway.
4) Your attitude stinks, nobody here owes you anything. The forum is always quieter on sunday. Maybe you would've had more success if you posted last week.

_Skully(Posted 2009) [#5]
Why didn't you search for a supported format instead of finding the one model in an unsupported format? I just did a quick google and theres lots of freebies that are supported formats

Its nobody's fault but yours if you couldn't do your homework

And I would hope no teacher would accept "Well the forum I go to didn't convert it for me" as an excuse

Oiduts Studios(Posted 2009) [#6]
sorry for the attitude guys... i had a nightmarish weekend, i will try not to be like that again.

D4NM4N(Posted 2009) [#7]
Have you tried fragmotion or milkshape? they have a ton of exporters/importers, export b3d well and can usually be tried working for long enough for a one off convert (30 days i think).
However both are essential buys in my book ;)

Oiduts Studios(Posted 2009) [#8]
well.. i ended up downloading the demo for c4d and it had many bugs, i guess its because im running Nvidia SLI. Every time i clicked on something, even to rotate the object, it would freeze for about 30 secs, once i finally exported the model to .3ds, i found out it was too big (i should of known...) Once again sorry for the weird attitude..

Why didn't you search for a supported format instead of finding the one model in an unsupported format? I just did a quick google and theres lots of freebies that are supported formats

Where did you find these Skully? I thought i searched every legit website that had 3d models.

And by the way, I have never messed with milkshape and i never have heard of fragmotion but i am planning buying AC3D, is it worth 70$?

D4NM4N(Posted 2009) [#9]
Yes its worth it, but Blender is much better than AC3D imo, it has an excellent animator, is free, and exports rigged B3Ds very nicely with the b3d script (around here somewhere)

dawlane(Posted 2009) [#10]
well.. i ended up downloading the demo for c4d and it had many bugs, i guess its because im running Nvidia SLI. Every time i clicked on something, even to rotate the object, it would freeze for about 30 secs, once i finally exported the model to .3ds, i found out it was too big (i should of known...)
It's not a bug. There would be a delay with large or complex scenes. It takes a few seconds on my Intel i7 when selecting objects with this scene. The C4D model you downloaded when converted would have contained 4104 objects, 305652 points and a total of 286944 polygons with out editing. I've managed to trim it down to 1 object, 10169 points (I could lower this but would take a day or two welding the vertices) and 9507 Polygons (works out at 17872 triangles in 3Ds format) by adjusting the Loft NURBs parameters and redoing the columns with lower geometry, then merging the lot.

There is a roller coaster construction kit on Turbo Squid in 3ds MAX format ( http://www.turbosquid.com/3d-models/kit-building-roller-coaster-x-free/369893 )

Is AC3D worth it.... I've used it to make simple models, but I would suggest that you look around to and find something that can make models, rig and animate models, edit UV's and supports materials. Blender is one to go for if you can get use to the interface. Another is Delgine (never used this) ( http://www.delgine.com/ ). This is going open source next year in January.

I tend to use fragmotion ( http://www.fragmosoft.com/ ) as a converter for C4D (C4D->FBX->BD3/DBO/etc) though its main use is rigging and animation.

Oiduts Studios(Posted 2009) [#11]
Wow thanks for the information, i already saw the 3ds max models and overlooked them because i do not own it. Also when i said bugs i meant lag, even when i clicked on the screen it would load for about 30 secs.And the reason I want AC3D is because i downloaded the demo a few years ago and it was very simple and easy to use and it has a uv mapper and it is cheap, $70. I guess i will get fragmotion after that to animate the models. Thanks again for the help.