iPod Touch Recommendations

Community Forums/General Help/iPod Touch Recommendations

big10p(Posted 2009) [#1]
Just got a 32GB iPod Touch and was wondering what 'killer apps/games' I should be looking at getting - both free and paid-for ones. Also, I'd be interested to hear what personal favourites you have. Ta.

Brucey(Posted 2009) [#2]
I'm quite enjoying multiplayer/bluetooth Rock Band. It's the only game I've bought :-p
Although they could do with releasing some more tracks.

plash(Posted 2009) [#3]
Stanza (free) is a really nice ebooks reader with search/download ties to places like Feedbooks and Project Gutenberg.

Brucey(Posted 2009) [#4]
Yep. I use Stanza too.

markcw(Posted 2009) [#5]
Anything by Molinker. :)
http://edition.cnn.com/2009/TECH/12/09/wired.apple.apps/index.html

big10p(Posted 2009) [#6]
Stanza is looking good. Will have to see how I get on reading books on a small screen. :)

Thanks for tips so far. Keep 'em coming!

@markcw: heh, funny how their apps even featured in the 'What we're Playing' section of the App Store. :P

okee(Posted 2009) [#7]
Frotz is great for the old Text Based Adventures
http://itunes.apple.com/ie/app/frotz/id287653015?mt=8

big10p(Posted 2009) [#8]
I'll look into that okee, ta.

I bought Pac-Man CE. It's excellent. Highly recommended if you like Pac-Man games at all.

Nike(Posted 2010) [#9]
Wattpad,Ustream Brodcaster(Can send videos to youtube),Pandora, pocket tanks,remote,labyrinth,and facebook.I have iphone so not sure is these will all work. My favorite of these is wattpad and im on it at least 2 hours a day.

Panno(Posted 2010) [#10]
wifitrak,appbox pro,inet,airmouse,radiobox,sid player,ping,c64,dungeon hunter,dfence cronicles

try iam rich ;)

Dreamora(Posted 2010) [#11]
I'm a big fan of tower madness. its approach with contest and new maps all 2-3 weeks is superb to be hooked again and again :)

If you love Action Adventures a la Secret of Mana and alike, then Zenonia is a clear go.

And for people of "games when games were much better than today" the good old classicals "Monkey Island: Special Edition" and "The Settlers" (which is kind of an enhanced settlers 2 with addons)