I Need help from Windows 7 users

Community Forums/General Help/I Need help from Windows 7 users

RifRaf(Posted 2009) [#1]
Hi, I recieved an email from xfire today regarding my game Tiny Tanks, they wrote

Sorry for the second email. Our QA department found that there are issues with Tiny Tanks and Xfire in-game for Windows 7. Do you guys test this game on Windows 7? Thanks!

I have written them back to question if this is a Xfire ingame overlay issue or a game issue in Windows 7.. Either is bad but im not sure wich it is yet.

If anyone with Win7 installed would run my game and see if it will load up and if you can join a game, I would really appreciate it. thanks!!

http://www.empowergames.com/tinytanksdemo_install.exe

xlsior(Posted 2009) [#2]
If anyone with Win7 installed would run my game and see if it will load up and if you can join a game, I would really appreciate it. thanks!!

I just downloaded it -- not seeing any major problems on my machine... (windows 7, 64 bit). However, I do have UAC disabled, don't know if that would make a difference.

It launched OK, I could see the demo server, and was able to connect to it. It did pop up a windows firewall notice, where I had to allow it to access the internet though.
Then it told me I had an invalid version of the map, and it downloaded a PAK file with an updated map. After that I was able to join it, but according to the server screen there were no other users, it was just me driving around by myself.

RifRaf(Posted 2009) [#3]
thanks Xlsior!

it was just me driving around by myself

yeah,unfortunatly there arent many players yet.

Kev(Posted 2009) [#4]
no problems here either, windows7 32bit. all worked like xlsior said firewall requested internet access but overall functions like i would expect.

i have UAC enabled, when i run Tiny Tanks Dedicated Server.exe and refuse access it quits back to the desktop. running as administraor works as expected and downloads the map.

the game functions correctly when i just run it with UAC enabled.

kev

RifRaf(Posted 2009) [#5]
Thanks Kev, im waiting for their reply but im thinking it must be a dx7 game+ xfire overlay + win7 thing.

If you are up to it, you could install xfire www.xfire.com (it will autodetect tiny tanks) and see if it gives you any wierd effects when you pull up the overlay in game.

Kev(Posted 2009) [#6]
i installed xfire, but it does not detect tinytanks. i tryed the menu option to detect under tools>launch>detect games no luck

re-tested with xfire installed and see no problems, i will continue to look asap.

kev

RifRaf(Posted 2009) [#7]
hey kev, if you have just been allowing tiny tanks to upate itself from long ago, you may have tun run the new installer so it will create the proper registry entries that xfire will look for.

InvisibleKid(Posted 2009) [#8]
ya i had to download the latest demo install, and reinstall the game and now it works as should.(just to confirm what Raf said)

RifRaf(Posted 2009) [#9]
well i heard back from them

Our QA team says that Xfire in-game does not draw/appear on Tiny Tanks when they tested it on Windows 7. It’s just that OS that it does not appear on. I asked them to test other DirectX 7 games on Windows 7, and those seem to work fine.

I have asked them to test control monger, a game made by a blitzer that they support to see if it will allow Xfire overlay to draw under windows 7. If it wont allow it either, I dont know what I could possibly do to resolve the issue.. If anyone has any information on this or what I could try, I would appreciate it.

@kev , could you reinstall from here http://www.empowergames.com/tinytanksdemo_install.exe and see how xfire works then?