Maplet MAV

Community Forums/General Help/Maplet MAV

Warner(Posted 2009) [#1]
I tried download Maplet. It has allways worked fine for me, but now, under Vista, it opens the window, shows the editor, and then end with an error. "Maplet.exe has stopped working." I tried running it as administrator, from my desktop, in compatibility mode.. nothing worked. Has anybody experienced this, and/or found a solution?

Floyd(Posted 2009) [#2]
It could be Data Execution Prevention. Try turning it off for Maplet.

I don't know how this works in Vista. Search in Windows Help for DEP.

Warner(Posted 2009) [#3]
I have DEP and UAC turned off. But it doesn't help. Maybe it's just my buggy graphic drivers again. Thanks anyway.

xlsior(Posted 2009) [#4]
Haven't heard of this one...

DEP would have been my first guess as well, since it's dating from before the DEP fixes in B3D/Blitsplus.

anyway: Vista32 or Vista64?

Have you tried installing it to a folder outside the c:\program files hierarchy? (e.g. c:\maplet, the program files path has additional security settings which can impose some restrictions)

GaryV(Posted 2009) [#5]
Curious, did you try disabling advanced text services?

Which DEP do you have turned off? If you only have one, try turning off Hardware and Software DEP. (BIOS and Windows settings).

Dabhand(Posted 2009) [#6]
Maplet, and Vista, it does work, but you need to change a few properties.. Right click its executable, click properties, select the 'compatibility' tab and take a look in there.

I cannot recall what I did, but change a few things around and you will get it to run!

Dabz

EDIT: Either do the above, or try this way: http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-vista/Make-older-programs-run-in-this-version-of-Windows

Which is really just the same.