ebay help

Community Forums/General Help/ebay help

JBR(Posted 2009) [#1]
Hi, just bought a lens on ebay with paypal and the guy is wanting me to give him +ve feedback before I get the item, so that he gets the funds immediately. (He say he has to wait since he is only on ebay less then 6 months, but +ve feedback frees funds).

Will I still be covered by the compensation scheme if I do this?

Any advice
Jim

xlsior(Posted 2009) [#2]
Don't ask us, ask ebay.

Why would you take the word of some random forum member instead of actually checking with the people that decide whether or not they'll cover you?

JBR(Posted 2009) [#3]
Fair point

TaskMaster(Posted 2009) [#4]
Don't do it. Wait till you get your item. The eBay system works that way for a reason.

Gabriel(Posted 2009) [#5]
In my experience, the EBay management are corrupt, and the system is well and truly broken. I would advise taking caution whereover possible when dealing with them. So in that regard, I would have to concur with TaskMaster.

JBR(Posted 2009) [#6]
Thanks guys. I'd like to help the guy out but I'm not going to risk it.

Jim

GfK(Posted 2009) [#7]
Looks like you've decided by now but I'm still going to stick my neb in.

How can you possibly leave positive feedback when you haven't received the item? What if you leave feedback then he sends you a bag of apples instead of the lens?

I'd wait until you get the item, then assuming all is well, leave him neutral or negative feedback for asking you to help him cheat the system.

Ross C(Posted 2009) [#8]
Exactly. That's the point of feedback. To tell the person about the item you received. :)

xlsior(Posted 2009) [#9]
Exactly. That's the point of feedback. To tell the person about the item you received. :)

From xkcd.com: