Website Update - Everything working ok?

Community Forums/General Help/Website Update - Everything working ok?

Gabriel(Posted 2009) [#1]
I've made a few changes to the Star Sentinel Tactics website over the past few days, and I'd like to make sure everything's working ok. I had a few problems getting Dreamweaver and Firefox to both recognize UTF-8 content, but I think that's all resolved now.

Let me know if you spot any problems, incompatibilities or broken links please. I know that the noflash version has a very slight alignment error with the main banner, but I have no idea why that happened, as it's part of the template I never touched.

http://www.starsentineltactics.com

AJ00200(Posted 2009) [#2]
Theres not labels on your top navigation.
Dont they use that style on callofduty.com?

Gabriel(Posted 2009) [#3]
I'm not sure what you mean by "no labels on your top navigation". Do you mean the orange menu bar? The text isn't displayed? On the Flash or NoFlash version of the site? In which browser?

Don't think I've ever seen the CallOfDuty site before, but they don't have anything very similar at the moment. Perhaps they used to, but I doubt they would have used a non-exclusive template.

TaskMaster(Posted 2009) [#4]
That little "see more" link next to "disable flash" does not do anything. I am using Chrome if that helps...

_JIM(Posted 2009) [#5]
The first problem I see is that it's loading really slow. Probably a lot of content in that flash.

I really like the effects of the menu buttons, however I am one of those guys who hate sounds in navigation bars (or anywhere on the page for that matter).

You could make a little button in one of the corners that turns sound off.

Otherwise, very good :)

GfK(Posted 2009) [#6]
Like the site too, except the sound.

Ross C(Posted 2009) [#7]
I don't mind the More Info button, however, i agree with the top menu item sounds and various others. Too much for your ears. It's too sharp sounding.

Loving the graphical style there though. Looks very professional, so congrats on that. Nice and clean looking and information is easy to find and read. All looks great. Oh and it loaded pretty quick for me, the flash site. 20 meg connection here, and using firefox 3.0.13. I'll try it with opera later.

AJ00200(Posted 2009) [#8]
I tested in in Opera Wii (not that that many people use it), but the words on the top navigation don't show up. And I did get a file not found error, (but I don't know what page I was on or what I clicked because of the lack of words on the navigation)

Gabriel(Posted 2009) [#9]
Thanks guys. I'm not too concerned about the Opera Wii browser, as I believe that the Flash player for Opera Wii is outdated (not by choice but because Adobe have not released SDK's for more recent versions.)

Besides, I have a non-flash option for anyone who has problems with or dislikes Flash.

Looks like I missed out the "see more" button, thanks for spotting that.

I did promise I'd have a go at disabling the sounds once before, didn't I? I always work with my speakers off so I clean forgot. I will try to figure out how to remove the sound without breaking anything.