Best PDA?

Community Forums/General Help/Best PDA?

-=Darkheart=-(Posted 2009) [#1]
I'm looking for some lines to offer to our NL office as PDA choices and not sure what choose, the one I use, I wouldn't recommend as it has a few annoying issues (IPAQ 914c).

The criteria is:

Must have 100% seamless intergration with Exchange (including calender etc.).
Must be HSDPA capable and be able to share this connection with a laptop.
Must be very user friendly.
Must have very few (or preferably no) issues or common problems.
Must be quite hard waring (I don't want to be replacing them often).

So far I think one of the recommendations will be the Iphone 3GS, it's expensive but seems to satisfy all the criteria. I need at least two other options.

Any ideas?

Darkheart

Qube(Posted 2009) [#2]
I have an iPhone 3G and I can highly recommend them. Yes they are expensive but it's the best phone/pda I've ever had. Phone, email, internet, iPod, games, pda all in one and above all it just works with no hassle.

What about the new Palm Pre?

Digital Anime(Posted 2009) [#3]
Don't have one myself but another brand worth looking at is HTC.
They have various models some even with a small keyboard.

Some of my collegues are using different models from HTC and they are very attached to it now.

Tri|Ga|De(Posted 2009) [#4]
I say go for iPhone.
I have the 3G version and I just love it.

GrahamK(Posted 2009) [#5]
I use a HTC, rebranded as the XDA orbit 2 (I think that is a HTC Cruise, could be wrong tho).
I find it an excellent all round device (although based on my experiences with the iphone, I would say the iphone is probably a better user experience).

The winner for me, which I don't think applies in your case, is that I can add pretty much what I want onto it, So mine includes turn by turn route planning for driving, topographic maps for when I am out walking, and I can add my own developments as well.

Form factor is quite nice, chunky, but only enough to know it's in your pocket (handy).

Jason W.(Posted 2009) [#6]
Well, you can't share your data plan with your laptop unless your iphone is hacked.

I would recommend a Tmobile G1, and go to http://forum.xda-developers.com/index.php to get it rooted. That way you can run an app to share your data plan.

Also, some of the custom firmwares have exchange support.

As for usability, it's just as good as the iphone most things but better in others. For examle, my g1 is using a modified HTC HERO OS (http://www.htc.com/www/product/hero/overview.html). I can use exchange, broadcast wifi, supports multitouch, supports J2ME, display flash in browser, a physical/pop-up keyboards, and expandable memory support. Since the phone is rooted, who knows what will be available tommorrow.

Good luck with whatever you get.

Jason