Embed Wordpress in a website?

Community Forums/General Help/Embed Wordpress in a website?

Gabriel(Posted 2009) [#1]
I host my own wordpress blog on my site, and I'd like to integrate it into my website so that the "recent news" column has a few lines from perhaps three of the most recent posts from my blog in it. I've found a couple of third party services to do this, but they both plaster their name and a link on the bottom (perfectly understandably, but nevertheless, it's not ideal) so I was wondering if there was any other way to do this without getting terribly technical. I don't have time to spend learning web technologies, so I'm looking for something I can pretty much just plug in and go. It would definitely need some customizaion, as I would need to be able to specify the colors at least, as I can with the current third party options.

Pete Carter(Posted 2009) [#2]
you my be able to do that with spry. you can make datasets from html pages and display the data on your page. theres lot of info on the adobe help pages. just an idea

http://help.adobe.com/en_US/Dreamweaver/10.0_Using/WSA671B0BD-047C-4752-BFAC-B6C0601F9791.html#WS4BDF9911-029D-4241-8170-F8514E93B097

Gabriel(Posted 2009) [#3]
Thanks for the suggestion, Pete. Spry did sound like a good option, but I was a little concerned about what would happen for people who disable javascript.

I looked around a little (ok, a lot) more and eventually came across a PHP library called SimplePie. It parses any RSS feed which means you can integrate data from a forum, a blog, and probably stuff like Twitter as well. Anyway, it does everything I wanted and it's very useable for someone with zero php knowledge (ie: me, two hours ago) so it's just what I needed.