Need some help to define my game title

Community Forums/General Help/Need some help to define my game title

hub(Posted 2009) [#1]
Hi !

i'm searching a better name for my vertical shooter game.
Old and first title was 'zigwigwis blaster' when it was just an space invaders clone. But now the story is :

"Some aliens captured the 'zigwigwis' (birds from your planet). This is a rescue mission now. You must destroy the ennemis and collect all the zigwigwis from the destroyed ennemis bases.

'zigwigwis rescue mission' ?

Thanks !

_Skully(Posted 2009) [#2]
I'm honestly hung on the zigwigwis name to start with... It just doesn't mean anything to me.. IMHO

_PJ_(Posted 2009) [#3]
Zigwigwis is a little hard to get my mouth around...

Zigwigs would sound better in my opinion :D

hub(Posted 2009) [#4]
This is a french term. My wife use it when i've started the project. in fact she use this because she doesn't understand what i'm doing always to write some stranges lines.Some sprites navigates accross the screen too. 'ok, take time to do... your... 'zigwigwis' today, but just one hour'. i've ordered the website domaine zigwigwis.com ! i consider zigwigwis as the name of the prisonners birds inside the game.
i'm not trying to produce a commercial product. Just a fun vertical scrolling game for young people.

markcw(Posted 2009) [#5]
zigwigwis defender
zigwigwis rescue
operation zigwigwis: attack of the ennemis

big10p(Posted 2009) [#6]
I'd just call it Zigwigwis.

_PJ_(Posted 2009) [#7]
Rita hayworth and the zigwigwi redemption :d

Naughty Alien(Posted 2009) [#8]
Zigiwigi - Fall of poopydoopy ;)

markcw(Posted 2009) [#9]
Actually, I think my favorite is: zigwigwis alert.

hub(Posted 2009) [#10]
'zigwigwis rescue mission' ?

markcw(Posted 2009) [#11]
Doesn't really have a ring to it. It sounds like something you wouldn't want to do.

I'd much rather just have: zigwigwis mission.
Also quite good is: zigwigwis patrol.

Sauer(Posted 2009) [#12]
I'm with big10p: just name it Zigwigwis.

Kryzon(Posted 2009) [#13]
Zigiwigi - Fall of poopydoopy ;)

Haha I laughed so hard at that.

ragtag(Posted 2009) [#14]
If I were you, I wouldn't be too attached to the name Zigwigwis. It's hard to say and easy to spell wrong. It will simply make your gamer harder to find. "I tried this really cool game, it was Zigwizz something....I don't remember." :)

Try and find a snappy unique name that's easier to remember.

markcw(Posted 2009) [#15]
Nah, zigwigwis is a French word so it's easy for French ppl just not English ppl. I like it.

hub(Posted 2009) [#16]
is
'zigwigwis : rescue mission' ? or 'zigwigwis : rescue operation' is it correct for english people ? (rescue mission or rescue operation as subtitle). It should be interesting for me to use this, as i can translate it to 'zigwigwis : mission sauvetage' for french people.

Philip7(Posted 2009) [#17]
You make it too hard for people to remember.
You say 'Zigwigwis', people will say 'That zig-thing'.
Maybe if you make the title like this:

Rescue ZWW: save the Zigwigwis

People will remember 'Rescue ZWW' and you still have Zigwigwis in the title.
Personaly i would call it:

ZigBlaster 4000 - who ate my zigwigwis?

markcw(Posted 2009) [#18]
...is it correct for english people ?

Oh, I thought you hadn't made your mind up yet. Anyway, 'zigwigwis : rescue mission' is correct.

andy_mc(Posted 2009) [#19]
I'll be honest, I can't hardly pronounce the zigwiwwis title, I know you might like it, but you have to think about whether it's a name other people can say, let alone remember.

hub(Posted 2009) [#20]
thanks for your ideas ! i keep the name zigwigwis for the developpement step. i know now that i need another name for the english version !

ImaginaryHuman(Posted 2009) [#21]
Ziggy Wiggies and Zig-Zagging Zulu's?

Zigwam? :-P

markcw(Posted 2009) [#22]
You pronounce it like this: zig-wig-wees.

hub(Posted 2009) [#23]
here a zigwigwi :