Touch screen computer

Community Forums/General Help/Touch screen computer

Oiduts Studios(Posted 2009) [#1]
Is it possible to use a touchscreen computer as a mouse for a different computer, if so can someone tell me how. Thank you for any help.

xlsior(Posted 2009) [#2]
If they are on the same network, you can remote desktop/VNC/PCAnywhere/Whatever into the non-touchscreen computer from the touchscreen computer, and use it that way... But pretty much none of those kind of remote solutions is real happy with 3D accelerated graphics and the likes, so you're going to get worse graphical performance and won't be able to play games and such over it.

Oiduts Studios(Posted 2009) [#3]
darn well i just wanted to do something cool with the thing but thanks

_PJ_(Posted 2009) [#4]
The future of "Cloud" stuff is possibly going to involve this kind of idea, admittedly with super-powerful, dedicated servers and high-end clients with nice internet conenctions. I read an article on it recently, paert of another possibility of try-before-you-buy as well as anti-piracy. Instead of owning the game in any particualr sense, you will be able to log in to a server and playwith only your control inputs passed IN and the screen display passed back OUT to your client.

Interesting stuff... probably 5 years or so away to be really feasible for the masses I think, but it does sound intriguing.

There's certainly some possibilities there, but with the typical network framework (Just trying Remote Desktops now for me is horrendously slow) and architecture for the basic windows network configurations, it's likely to need something outside of windows OS and more dedicated stuff to be practical.

Brucey(Posted 2009) [#5]
Is it possible to use a touchscreen computer as a mouse for a different computer

Here's a reasonably "cool" example :

http://vimeo.com/3975324

Oiduts Studios(Posted 2009) [#6]
wow i really want that now
awesome video brucey

_Skully(Posted 2009) [#7]
Thats multi-touch awesome and "pretty" ;)