HowTO make Vista Burned cd work on Windows 2000

Community Forums/General Help/HowTO make Vista Burned cd work on Windows 2000

Wings(Posted 2009) [#1]
Hi

Having problem with reading vista CDrom on windows 2000.

Background:
I have a friend who is owning a photo store.
There he has a PC costing 8000$ most for its software.
This pc can read all kind of media including photos on CDROM.

Descriptin of issue:
Now gues what. Microsoft have changed cd format standard in vista. its called UDF 2.01 and this has no support in windows 2000. and this photo PC dose not have support for vista.

Questions:
so this is why i Wonderland how rest of the world make these udf2.01 work on MAC, Windows 2000 ?
is it a driver issue or a windows service pac issue ?
Any one else having these problems. ?

Sollutions so far but not good enought:
Share vista cd rom via network via another workstation running vista. (works)
Make customer format disc in udf 1.50 (verry bad).

_Skully(Posted 2009) [#2]
Maybe this...

http://www.cdroller.com/?gclid=CPTI38ShmJsCFRlcagodaWmLqA

GaryV(Posted 2009) [#3]
What rational person would ever use the built in OS features to burn a CD/DVD?

That said, UDF 2.01 has nothing to do with Microsoft. It is an industry standard file system. Use a third-party program to burn CDRs/DVDRs and you can usually choose what file system to use and set a default.

As to your friend, the UDF 2.01 file system is over nine yeqars old. Your "friend" who is running a photo store might want to actually upgrade his system(s) so he can support what is an industry standard format and one that is supposed to have replaced ISO 9660. Definitely a photo store to avoid. Seems very unprofessional IMHO.

You can find more info at MSDN.

Ginger Tea(Posted 2009) [#4]
What rational person would ever use the built in OS features to burn a CD/DVD?

i do (for cd's only) its quick, simple and means i dont have to go out and buy nero or something
i only ever use it for the odd audio cd for work and wav data back up so i can post 512mb+ files oop norf 2nd class mail is faster than what we can send/recieve some times :p (and it was 512mb+ out of my then 3gb mobile credit)
mind you me answereing would imply i think im rational ;)

_Skully(Posted 2009) [#5]
BTW, there are plenty of free burning programs out there that work perfectly.. check out www.Downloads.com

Ginger Tea(Posted 2009) [#6]
xp send to cd works for me :)
its one of the few things im glad are now part of the OS in some form or another as basic cd/dvd writing tools should be part of any OS, extra wizbangness needed? get one of the 'propper' tools

Wings(Posted 2009) [#7]
I know how to burn this CD myself.
But the customer dose not know. and you cant tell whole world to burn in 3d party programs.

instead i am kind of looking for a device driver ? that makes windows 2000 read iso 2.01