need some help testing my webpage loading time

Community Forums/General Help/need some help testing my webpage loading time

maximo(Posted 2009) [#1]
Hi guys

I got some complaints about loading times, so I turned on cache functionallity and now pages served should be static html. can you please test how long it takes for you to load

http://www.tridistar.com

and also how long this page takes:

http://www.tridistar.com/2009/06/18/raccoon-rocket-interview/

and give me time back in seconds?

before I had the cache turned on I got 5-6 seconds for frontpage, but now it loads way faster, I just want to make sure this is not something that only I experience. So please let me know your loading time.

Also if you are downloading some other stuff then your loading time for page will be screwed so think of that before you post :)

puki(Posted 2009) [#2]
Both are pretty much instant for me (a second or so). They were just as fast last night for me.

Qube(Posted 2009) [#3]

before I had the cache turned on I got 5-6 seconds for frontpage, but now it loads way faster

This echo's my testing.

You must have some slow ass hosting for a simple page to take 5-6 seconds on a first load? - The speed reminds me of godaddy hosting or some other over sold shared hosting.

I like the site and it would benefit from a faster host as no doubt it'll crawl to a halt once you have a stream of visitors.

maximo(Posted 2009) [#4]
qube what times did you get?

Qube(Posted 2009) [#5]
First time loading around 5-6 seconds to completion. Naturally cached version is much faster.

Holy shazbat! - I see what the biggest problem is. HOW MUCH LINKING?!?!?! lol. Far too much loading of javascript files and linking to other files. I'd try and merge all the javascript files, CSS and PHP bits into as few a files as possible (preferably three).

That's your biggest bottleneck, the loading of lots of extra files when a page is called. Granted your host is not super speedy but that's not the biggest issue at hand. Always keep the calling of files to a minimum where possible.

xlsior(Posted 2009) [#6]
Both take about three seconds to load, but the content is different.

The 2nd one gives three times as much content.

ubergeek(Posted 2009) [#7]
First page: ~4 seconds.
Second page: <1 second.

Ginger Tea(Posted 2009) [#8]
page one got off to a slow start, took ten seconds or so to get the full bar, then 2 minutes later the phishing bar was still doing its thing so i gave up
never tried page 2 due to that