Bones in B3D

Community Forums/General Help/Bones in B3D

Blitzplotter(Posted 2009) [#1]
Hi, I'm attempting to create a hinged door for the back of my trailer. I have a copy of UU3D, I'm wondering if it is necessary to insert bones into my rear door to allow me to 'hinge' it to the flatbed of the trailer. I'm also considering entering bones into the flatbed to allow hinging the door to the back of the trailer. Are bones only normally for skeletal connections ? Would I just need to put one bone along the hinged area of the door, one bone at the rear of the flatbed and hinge the flatbed cuboid and the door cuboid using the one bone within each cuboid ?

I intend to use a button on the joypad to unlock/lower the door from the upright position to the lower position. I've located some good code that moves static doors, however I want the flatbed of the trailer to be the parent of the door.

If there is a simpler method to achieve this I'd apprecaite any feedback, thanks in advance.

In the image below the trailer is a solid mesh modelled in UU3D. The raised (sloped) flatbed will be hinged, as will the rear door that is currently depicted in the 'down' position.

Blitzplotter(Posted 2009) [#2]
thanks anway, answer provided here:

http://www.blitzbasic.com/Community/posts.php?topic=79489