Recommend a decent Movie Editor for PC

Community Forums/General Help/Recommend a decent Movie Editor for PC

QuickSilva(Posted 2009) [#1]
Can anyone here recommend a decent Movie Editor for the PC? There seems to be quit a few and they are mostly all very big downloads which always seem to dissapoint\crash regularly after running them.

I have tried Windows Movie Maker, which isn`t bad to be honest, but I am looking for something a bit more powerful without having a huge price tag although around £100 is fine.

Which programs do you guys use\like and why would you recommend them?

Thanks for any suggestions.

Jason.

Sledge(Posted 2009) [#2]
MovieXone seemed neat when I used the covermounted version a good few years ago -- I think they might still do a free version. Have a Google.

_PJ_(Posted 2009) [#3]
Avid suite is probably the best you'll find.

Adam Novagen(Posted 2009) [#4]
VideoPad, from NCH software. If you need to convert the final video format, use Prism, from the same company. They're both free. And powerful. End of story. :D

QuickSilva(Posted 2009) [#5]
I tried VideoPad the other day and managed to crash the program in a couple of minutes of using it which put me off. Shame as it seemed quite nice. How is the stabilty of their products in general?

I`ll take a look at the other suggestions, please keep them coming.

Jason.

Blitzplotter(Posted 2009) [#6]
I'm quite happy with nero.

GfK(Posted 2009) [#7]
Have you checked out Vegas Moviestudio? Its way less than £100 and you can think of it as "Sony Vegas Lite".

AJ00200(Posted 2009) [#8]
PinicleStudio is OK
(don't know the current exchange rate, but it should be less than 80£. (The rate is almost 1)