Need help with getting webpage to load <select>...

Community Forums/General Help/Need help with getting webpage to load <select>...

Guy Fawkes(Posted 2009) [#1]
Hi all, I figured out a way to have different cookie names for different parts of a website. Now I have but 1 small problem. the name of the cookie that my code should be returning is index[0], index[1], etc... PROBLEM is that index[0] SHOULD = whatever number the selected index is, and should load it when u refresh the page, thus displaying the value of that index that was selected the 1st time.

here's the code:

ANY help is GREATLY appreciated! :) any criticism is greatly ignored! ;)

~DS~

Guy Fawkes(Posted 2009) [#2]
Anyone? I have waited patiently for over 18 hours..

Guy Fawkes(Posted 2009) [#3]
Ok, ALLS i need is a fixed version of saveindex() and setindex() NOTHING more. :) I learn by example, not by PARTIAL code.

ALLS i need is the name of each index file to be equal to the selected index value and i need it to ALWAYS load and change the selected option of the dropdown to whatever the selectedIndex value is.

For example, if I selected:

"myimage" in the drop down, if i refreshed OR left the page, and came back to the page later, it would automatically select "myimage" again, and change the background of the div i select to "myimage.jpg"

also, the name of the index[x] (x = a number), it should have a different name for EVERY page. So simply use something like: "index'['+showfile()+']'" that way, it will name the cookie "index['index'] instead of "index".

here's the code:

ONLY pay attention to saveindex(), setindex(), and load_all()

Thanks! :)

~DS~

Guy Fawkes(Posted 2009) [#4]
Anyone? PLEASE, my career depends on this code to be fixed... I have researched, and tried EVERYTHING.... :(

xlsior(Posted 2009) [#5]
No offence, but you'll probably have a whole lot better luck if you ask this question on a web/javascript forum than here on the Blitzbasic ones. :-?

Ross C(Posted 2009) [#6]
Your career??? If this is your business, you should know the answer to this question. Please don't emotionaly blackmail people into helping you. You did this before about your project that was about to hit the shelves, and were asking fairly basic questions. So please forgive me for being skeptical. And i hope you get the help you need.