Anyone want to help making video tutorials?

Community Forums/General Help/Anyone want to help making video tutorials?

andy_mc(Posted 2009) [#1]
I don't have much spare time for making blitz video tutorials, and I'm not an expert by any means on everything. But I've got over 250 subscribers and would welcome any contributons from other blitz members.

Take a look at my videos and you could help me out maybe? Videos can either be a series developing a game over a period of time, or individual coding videos showing little tricks, like how to write a score board or starfield, or even how to use a userlib with blitz3D.

my email is: andymcadam@...

and the youtube channel is: http://www.youtube.com/amcadam26

Sauer(Posted 2009) [#2]
Is it only Blitz3d?

puki(Posted 2009) [#3]
Certainly is.

Sauer(Posted 2009) [#4]
Shame...

puki(Posted 2009) [#5]
Everyone wants to learn Blitz3D - even old people.

Kryzon(Posted 2009) [#6]
Perhaps I can think of making a series of B3D Pipeline towards art assets and cutscene development. Just gotta get past this week of college exams.

andy_mc(Posted 2009) [#7]
It's only Blitz3D right now, simply because I don't use BlitzMax (yet), I do get a lot of email asking for BlitzMax videos though. My overall hope is to see a youtube channel full of video tutorials on using all blitz products, there's a severe lack of good home games development videos on youtube and I'd like to remedy that. But obviously it's more than a one man job.

You really need series on using each blitz language, then videos on 3D modelling, 2D sprite design and animation, generating sound effects, music, the whole works.

Sauer(Posted 2009) [#8]
Heh, I was talking about B+ actually :)

andy_mc(Posted 2009) [#9]
All the stuff on there right now, aside from the 3D ones works on B+, I have thought about getting B+ to do some B+ specific stuff with menus, but not sure it's worth it.

Adam Novagen(Posted 2009) [#10]
I have thought about getting B+ to do some B+ specific stuff with menus, but not sure it's worth it.

Weeell, it is and it isn't. I mean, B3D has that GUI lib available, WinB3D, but I could never get that thing to look right... Couldn't fix the GUI fonts or styles or get scrollbars on the text areas or anything. @_@

Kryzon(Posted 2009) [#11]
Have you tried using Schnok, Adam?
Schnok is a visual GUI editor for WinBlitz3D. You manually create the windows and gadgets and it generates .bb code to create the exact same forms.

Nike(Posted 2009) [#12]
I guess i could help cause my videos are bad. I am bad at making sprites but i can make them and good at putting them in code. My youtube username is nike0102. The only problem is that i cant do 3d at all.