How do I stop from Motherboard moving?

Community Forums/General Help/How do I stop from Motherboard moving?

Hotshot2005(Posted 2009) [#1]
My old computer that got motherboard inside the tower and when I put plug in USB at back of PC and my motherboard start to move.

How do I fixed it by making motherboard stay still when I plug USB back of the pc?

andy_mc(Posted 2009) [#2]
Have you checked all the screws are tightly in the casing from the board?

_PJ_(Posted 2009) [#3]
Is the motherboard actually oving, or is it just some of the backplate or plastic 'bits' wobbling a little as you plug things in?

Hotshot2005(Posted 2009) [#4]
I have check my motherboard that had got screw in them but i have notice there is no screw at top right end of it but it got metal plate behide the motherboard as could be metal plate that need tight it up to stop from moving it? IF I can fixed that then I would be able to sell the desktop computer :)

D4NM4N(Posted 2009) [#5]
Erm doesnt your graphics card kind of have problems?

Are you sure its the -whole- motherboard or just a flimsy double-deck 4xUSB connector block,

Hotshot2005(Posted 2009) [#6]
Erm doesnt your graphics card kind of have problems? nope as never had any problem with that.

Are you sure its the -whole- motherboard? You know PC Tower, when you put motherboard inside the pc tower and you screw it just to make sure the motherboard is fitted on metal plate inside the pc tower. My motherboard is fitted on the metal plate but when i move the metal plate with the motherboard as it seem to me that my metal plate(behide the motherboard) is not strong to stay still when i put USB Sound back of USB PORT(back of the pc tower). I think the metal plate isnt been screw or there is somethings inside the pc tower to make the metal plate stay still or somethings as I had good look inside the pc tower but I am unsure on what to do.

xlsior(Posted 2009) [#7]
If it moves and it shouldn't, use duct tape. If it doesn't move and it should, use WD-40.

Jesse(Posted 2009) [#8]
Motherboards average around 9 screws to hold it in place to the case. See if you can spot any place where a screw can go that appear missing. It might be that they came loose or someone just didn't put them on. Some motherboards have plastic supports and metal legs that just clamp to the case and motherboard. In that case, you might not have any other options than to replace it with a new case, that's if you think you can handle the job.

Ginger Tea(Posted 2009) [#9]
xlsior> amen ;)

and if all else fails hit it with a hammer

xlsior(Posted 2009) [#10]
and if all else fails hit it with a hammer

AKA basic percussive maintenance.