blitz just stopped working

Community Forums/General Help/blitz just stopped working

mtnhome3d(Posted 2009) [#1]
i haven't used blitz for a while and thought i'd fire it up and do something interesting. however when i click run, it hangs and then "MAV"'s the windows tells me that blitzcc.exe isn't working anymore. it hangs on anything, even
waitkey()
end

i have done both an update and a complete reinstall of blitz and the problem persists, any ideas. this windows vista,and a working geforce 7000m.

could it be a user lib?

N(Posted 2009) [#2]
Disabled UAC?

mtnhome3d(Posted 2009) [#3]
yes i have uac disabled

_PJ_(Posted 2009) [#4]
I would take all the userliobs out of your blitz program folder, and then try again.

mtnhome3d(Posted 2009) [#5]
i removed all the userlibs and the problem is still there. now here's where it gets weird, i did a clean install of blitz3d and the proceeded to install the updates one by one. i had no problems till update 1.88 after that one they all "mav"ed on
end
after update 1.91 they just "mav"ed no matter what. why would this happen? i am currently running with the 1.87 update installed.

Gabriel(Posted 2009) [#6]
Why install the updates one by one? They're cumulative. What happens if you just install B3D with no updates and then install Update 1.100?

mtnhome3d(Posted 2009) [#7]
it doesn't work, so i was trying to find an update that did.

Brucey(Posted 2009) [#8]
Have you tried rebooting? :-)

GaryV(Posted 2009) [#9]
Its a "zen" thing. You aren't ready to use it, grasshopper. When you are ready, it will run.

mtnhome3d(Posted 2009) [#10]
yes i have rebooted, to no avail.

Ross C(Posted 2009) [#11]
Do you have service pack 2 or 3 XP or are you running Vista? And what happens if you don't put the End command in?

_PJ_(Posted 2009) [#12]
Is this with the default Blitz3D IDE?

Before you run it, check that no other processes of BlitzCC.exce and IDE.exe or Blitz3d.exe are running in your task manager. If they are, cancel them.

Virus check?
win32.Virut is a bitch and can infect any exe, dll and htm files and slips past a lot of even the best anti-virus progs.

Any more info in Debug mode or just MAV ?

(tu) sinu(Posted 2009) [#13]

Its a "zen" thing. You aren't ready to use it, grasshopper. When you are ready, it will run.

A zen master on these boards. It's an honour LMAO