Unknown game

Community Forums/General Help/Unknown game

fox95871(Posted 2009) [#1]
Can someone tell me what this game is? I couldn't find anything using the names in the titlebar, but I know it's a Blitz3D game.

plash(Posted 2009) [#2]
Not sure. Maybe it is just a test for the code (given the window title)?

This is probably an earlier version:
http://forums.indiegamer.com/showthread.php?t=3023

GameLab3D seems to be undergoing maintenance right now.

Amanda Dearheart(Posted 2009) [#3]
Dead Chaos perhaps?

Just joking!

Shambler(Posted 2009) [#4]
It is a screen from Opcode's survival horror game.

Sauer(Posted 2009) [#5]
^ (That was beautiful)

MikeHart(Posted 2009) [#6]
Yes, that is the game of my friend Lee. Dead Chaos.

fox95871(Posted 2009) [#7]
Cool, does anyone know of a download link that works? The site does seem to be under construction, but if I could get a copy some other way that'd be good. I'm making a 2.1D game, though Dead Chaos is 2.5 it might still be inspiring.

plash(Posted 2009) [#8]
I'm making a 2.1D game
2.1D? o.O

_PJ_(Posted 2009) [#9]
You can move forwards, backwards, but only a tenth of the way up or down :D

I guess he means the "2.5D" style of 3D graphically represented games in which the 3rd dimension is only aesthetic, not truly affecting gameplay.

i.e. where birds may fly in the air and walls stick up to obstruct the path, the actual height of these objects is irrelevant to the engine as they will form a barrier across the 2Dimensions used by the gameplay.

fox95871(Posted 2009) [#10]
No, I meant like Final Fantasy VII. A 3d character, a 3d level collider, but all 2d image overlays and no camera movement. I call it 2.1D because 90% of what you actually see is 2d.

Hopefully someone will see the game on the random screenshots thing and can post a link, or maybe Mike or Lee if you could I'd appreciate it.

fox95871(Posted 2009) [#11]
Okay, I found this.

http://www.blitzbasic.com/gallery/view_pic.php?id=1933&gallery=&page=4

Is this it? Why are all the links broken? Where can I get the demo now?