I just got myself a WII

Community Forums/General Help/I just got myself a WII

Tri|Ga|De(Posted 2009) [#1]
And its a great console!

But I have a question!!

What is WiiConnect24 and/or does it cost money?

GfK(Posted 2009) [#2]
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/WiiConnect24

Tri|Ga|De(Posted 2009) [#3]
Cant seem to find anything about prices!

InvisibleKid(Posted 2009) [#4]
WiiConnect24 doesn't cost you anything ( other then what you already pay for isp ).

Tri|Ga|De(Posted 2009) [#5]
Can I find games with WC24?

InvisibleKid(Posted 2009) [#6]
no i could be wrong but i think WC24 is more or less to keep your consle updated or at the very least to send you messages from Nintendo for various things such as sytem updates, and other news.

again i could be wrong but i'm pretty sure thats all it really is.

theres a channel can't remember the name wii channel or wii shop channel or something like that and you can purchase older games from various systems for the virtual console and wii ware games ( i think thats kinda like xna/community games for the 360 in a sence)

GfK(Posted 2009) [#7]
Once you've connected to the Wii store you can buy games. You have to buy credits first though, then use the credits to make purchases. Last time I checked they ranged from about £3 to about £12.

TBH I've spent more time playing with the weather forecast thing online than anything else.

Qube(Posted 2009) [#8]
WiiConnect24 is free and will keep an active connection to the internet via WiFi (will not suck bandwidth usage). It will let you know when there is a system update, a friend sends you a message or one of the channels you subscribe to has new information, for example a new competition has begun on Mario Kart Wii (if you've added the Mario Kart Channel).

Wii Connect 24 does not contain games... For that you need to connect to the Wii Store (as mentioned above) and purchase games via Wii Ware or for older SNES, NES, C64 games via Virtual Console.

For Wii Store you need points. Points cost anywhere from £7 for 1000 points upwards and can be bought via your Wii console with you credit / debit card.

My fiancee and I play "TV Show Kings" quite a lot which was bought from Wii Ware but recently we bought the updated disc version.

I do have an XBox 360 I find the Wii much more multiplayer fun :D