The Webber Index

Community Forums/General Help/The Webber Index

Tri|Ga|De(Posted 2009) [#1]
So I think my new site is ready.
Some testers had helped me the last week trying to iron out all bugs(Hope i got em all)

Please visit the site your self at The Webber Index

Is a site where you can keep all your favorite links organized by catagories.

N(Posted 2009) [#2]
http://del.icio.us ?

The English grammar/spelling on the site needs work. Aside from that, I don't trust you, so I'll pass on registering. Advertising in languages other than English is likely to make your English users uncomfortable as well- especially Americans (they have a tendency to think of foreign language advertisements as scams [which all advertisements are anyway, but foreign ones seem to set off alarms]). Make sure you target your advertising to the people browsing the page. Set up some javascript to determine the nationality of the person and use advertising for that nationality, for example.

Also, your site doesn't validate. Get crackin': http://validator.w3.org/

Tri|Ga|De(Posted 2009) [#3]
As the site is located in Denmark and the site is for everbody there also will be danish ads. At this time I only have danish ads, I working on finding ads from elsewhere. (Links to sites would be nice).

Yes a small script determin the country is a god idea, I'll try that.
*** EDIT ***
Now it support language, no danish ads for americans!!
(I think, please test)

TaskMaster(Posted 2009) [#4]
Funny. Comes up completely blank on Chrome and Firefox for me.

I use AdMuncher, and I think it munched your ENTIRE site. LOL

Tri|Ga|De(Posted 2009) [#5]
Taskmaster:
Yes I know I was trying that validator an removed som code it suggestet and thats why it was blank!
Did fix it, so its working now!!!!

Warpy(Posted 2009) [#6]
This idea has already been done a few times, and for free: StumbleUpon and del.icio.us are the biggest.

Tri|Ga|De(Posted 2009) [#7]
Warpy:
Yes I just found out, I just have to make mine better

GfK(Posted 2009) [#8]
Yes I just found out, I just have to make mine better
...and free.

TaskMaster(Posted 2009) [#9]
Funny.

I have written many of these things. I always put one for myself on my own website. I don't like the idea of my links being in somebody else's database. Gives them just a bit too much info about you, like what banks you use, what online shops you use, etc...

TaskMaster(Posted 2009) [#10]
Your little question mark help thingys on the register page do not work in Chrome.

xlsior(Posted 2009) [#11]
I just have to make mine better

'Just' ?

As long as the free ones are 'good enough', you don't stand a chance. :-?

Tri|Ga|De(Posted 2009) [#12]
Mine are also free up to 10 categories with 10 links in each.
For a onetime fee you unlimited categories, links, links grabber and access to public websites.

I can not prevent people using other sites, I just try to mine as good as possible and earn a little. But may be mine should be free also and hoping for people to donate.

And I know about that Chrome and questionmark thing, I just dont know why. But I will keep trying to find out why.

GfK(Posted 2009) [#13]
I just try to mine as good as possible and earn a little. But may be mine should be free also and hoping for people to donate.
Nobody will pay - be it subscription, donation, one off payment, or whatever. When there are loads of similar already established sites available for free (reddit, digg, stumbleupon, delicious etc) I'm afraid you've next to no chance of making a quick buck out of this, even if you do give a handful of links for free.

Tri|Ga|De(Posted 2009) [#14]
So now it is totally free to use!
Please try it out.

The Webber Index