Submitting my game to Steam, How?

Community Forums/General Help/Submitting my game to Steam, How?

Mortiis(Posted 2009) [#1]
EDIT: Hmm, I found it I guess, through business solutions then SteamWorks right?

LineOf7s(Posted 2009) [#2]
Well, at the risk of going off-topic in a thread that's already seemed to resolve itself, I'll dig up a post from Madjack from eight months ago (in THIS thread):

Regarding Steamworks wrapper..is it going to be available for all of us who need it?
Yes - if Simon can produce it, I'll release it for free.

Did this ever happen? (either Simon producing it, or Madjack releasing it)
I don't recall reading about it (or finding it in a cursory search) and it's a bit of a loose thread so I thought I'd ask.

Gabriel(Posted 2009) [#3]
I'm pretty sure Simon did produce it. I don't think it was ever "released" as such though.

jkrankie(Posted 2009) [#4]
i'm not sure if it's been released, but it is available. i used it in Bullet Candy. you should get in touch with Simon if your game gets accepted and they've set your stuff up on the service.

Cheers
Charlie

MadJack(Posted 2009) [#5]
Not 'released' so to speak, but get in touch with Simon directly and I'm sure he'll help you out - he's a top bloke.

Regards Steam, best of luck with that. My own experience was that it was only until I had a publisher pushing the game (Meridian4), did it even get a look-in.

Mortiis(Posted 2009) [#6]
Hmm why don't you offer it for download Simon? Any special reasons? Do you charge for it?

jkrankie(Posted 2009) [#7]
i guess because the SDK requires you to be under an NDA with steam, and also because the wrapper is totally useless to you without having your game set up on the service.

Cheers
Charlie

Mortiis(Posted 2009) [#8]
Got it, thanks jkrankie!