Team Development tools?

Community Forums/General Help/Team Development tools?

Retimer(Posted 2009) [#1]
I'm opening up the possibility of working together with a few people i'm in contact with on some of my projects, however since i've never done this, I have no tools for organizing this properly.

I'm wondering if anyone else here works with other people, in the workplace or not, if they use any programs for things such as calendar planning, meetings, etc. Preferrably something accessible by multiple people online? (forums don't cut it professionally)

Any tips would be appreciated as well.

Thanks ahead,
Time

plash(Posted 2009) [#2]
There really aren't any team developer tools for Blitz.. What language/engine/library is the project oriented on?

I'm pretty sure Visual Studio has some team tools.

Retimer(Posted 2009) [#3]
Not for blitz specifically, just team development in general - team management, time management, etc. I'll see if there are some tools geared to visual studio that might be handy for general purposes though, thanks :)

Vilu(Posted 2009) [#4]
Well I don't know how using Google's online services "cut it professionally", but I use them in both work and personal team projects.

Google Calendar, Google Docs and Google Groups can all come in quite handy for team collaboration. Also I would suggest coming up with a source code repository (Subversion) for people committing their work.

Subversion works splendidly for all binary and text files alike, so you can use the repository for source files and all media and enjoy its full version control.

*(Posted 2009) [#5]
XP-Dev can host a svn for your projects that only your team can access, download latest source and sort thier bits of code out.

Retimer(Posted 2009) [#6]
Google Calendar, Google Docs and Google Groups can all come in quite handy for team collaboration.

Never thought of google services, thanks!

Retimer(Posted 2009) [#7]
Vilu - I just want to thank you again. I'm absolutely amazed by how great google docs is. Real-time editing and the side chatbar is really making things a lot easier, and even entertaining to work things out.

Dreamora(Posted 2009) [#8]
I use Unfuddle.com

Retimer(Posted 2009) [#9]
Unfuddle looks pretty good as well - but my uses aren't based solely on source code, but more like having an online office. Many of the people i'm working with won't even be taking part in code, rather marketing, organizing priorities and communication, media, etc.

Dreamora(Posted 2009) [#10]
Unfuddle is pretty well in that relation

You can crosslink Notebook Entries, Calendar stuff, SVN commit comments, messages and milestones, which makes it very powerfull for larger scale management.