Bmax IDEs

Community Forums/General Help/Bmax IDEs

QuickSilva(Posted 2009) [#1]
So a few years on and I would like to raise the question again, which IDE are you using for BMax?

Is the favourite still BLIde? Are there any other alternatives apart from the default and the community IDE?

Are you annoyed at the lack of choice of IDEs available compared to the variety we had with Blitz3D.

Do you think that IDEs in general are too expensive or is this not a problem if they are constantly updated?

Would you still like to see more choice in IDEs for BMax?

Please post your thoughts,

Jason.

LarsG(Posted 2009) [#2]
I would like to hear what IDE's people use on Linux?

big10p(Posted 2009) [#3]
Beware the IDEs of March.

QuickSilva(Posted 2009) [#4]
:)

Abrexxes(Posted 2009) [#5]
IDEs : http://www.blitzforum.de/forum/viewtopic.php?t=25672

cu

QuickSilva(Posted 2009) [#6]
Thanks Abrexxes, will check it out.

Jason.

N(Posted 2009) [#7]
I'm using TextMate. It's the best, so I don't want anything else.

Anyone who disagrees is wrong by virtue of being dumb.

Pete Carter(Posted 2009) [#8]
Textmate looks good but its not for windows is it?

N(Posted 2009) [#9]
You can use E as an alternative to TextMate for Windows.

QuickSilva(Posted 2009) [#10]
@Nilium :

Any chance that you could post a screen shot of BMax running with TextMate? Also, what do you need to do to set it up to work with BMax? Is it very complicated?

Jason.

N(Posted 2009) [#11]
To set it up, you have to set your preferences to have TM_BLITZMAX point to your root BlitzMax directory (not the bin). That's about it. There's a 'Help' command included the bundle that explains most of anything you need to know (doesn't work under E for some reason- nobody's asked me to fix it yet, and it really should just work, so I'm not putting any effort into it yet since I suspect it's related to E's handling of command output).

There is an additional option for projects, but it's not needed- it's just to specify that you only ever want to build one, specific file instead of the file you're currently editing.

Here's a screenshot, although I don't know that there's really anything to see:

QuickSilva(Posted 2009) [#12]
Looks pretty neat. I`ll have to give it a try. Thanks for the screeny :)

Jason.

N(Posted 2009) [#13]
Yeah, I like it anyway. As usual, I can answer any questions regarding the bundle. For general TextMate questions, I recommend using either the mailing list or hitting ##textmate on irc.freenode.net, since folks there are always very helpful.