Empty

Community Forums/General Help/Empty

simonh(Posted 2009) [#1]
Did you delete all the posts from here Mark? It's the only forum which appears to have lost it's posts.

GfK(Posted 2009) [#2]
oo crikey :/

ah well, not much of a loss, this one, is it? at least the programming forums survived.

marksibly(Posted 2009) [#3]
Hi,

No (well, not intentionally) - I tried *really* hard not to delete anything!

puki(Posted 2009) [#4]
I have the html files up to around 20th January 09 - last thread in my copy was 'USB Permissions'.

I don't think there is anything to worry about in restoring the forum if it has been lost though.

GfK(Posted 2009) [#5]
Puki - as I told you over on syntaxbomb - you can't restore the contents of an SQL table from a bunch of HTML files. Sure, you have the messages, but the SQL table will contain a bunch of other data identifying which thread/id each post belongs to etc. Without the SQL table structure and its contents, what you have serves no use as a server backup.

therevills(Posted 2009) [#6]
you can't restore the contents of an SQL table from a bunch of HTML files

True... but what you could do if you were so inclined is write a script which goes thru and scans the HTML files to create an insert sql file... ;-)

I know what Simon (/Mark?) was trying to do with this extra forum, but IMHO it seemed to create a mess in the General Discussion forum where we had quite a few moved topics (since it creates a post which points to the moved one)... do we still need this one?

GfK(Posted 2009) [#7]
I think the line between this and general discussion was always a little fuzzy to some people. That or people just posted there anyway because they thought more people would notice their thread in General Discussion.

Personally I like having a separate help section.

markcw(Posted 2009) [#8]
There were quite a few interesting and useful posts here, would be a bit of a shame if they're gone.

Yukio(Posted 2009) [#9]
So, there was some disturbs over the BlitzBasic forums.
Weird.

Well, now most of the stuff is working again.