Panorama - Terrain Editor. Purchase?

Community Forums/General Help/Panorama - Terrain Editor. Purchase?

Ross C(Posted 2009) [#1]
Hi, I guess this is to the author of the Panorama terrain editor program, jeppe neilson? Are you still selling this app? I like the look of it, but the website to purchase it, is down... Looks like it's for sale.

markcw(Posted 2009) [#2]
A few years ago Mr. Nielsen stopped selling all his products. It does look like it's still for sale, I expect he doesn't check his website very much.

Ross C(Posted 2009) [#3]
His website doesn't exist anymore. Shame, it looked like a good purchase too :o) Thanks for the information though.

markcw(Posted 2009) [#4]
Well I meant his existant website here.

Jeppe Nielsen(Posted 2009) [#5]
Hey Ross C, I took all my programs down, since I didn't made any sales and have really moved onto other game engines now. But still I sometimes use blitz for prototype stuff, Blitz3d is amazing, especially in terms of stability, it seems it will just run on any machine running windows. I tried one of my games from 2000 and ran it on windows vista, it just ran smooth and stable, even though the compiled exe was more than 8 years old :) Yes I currently have this website markcw mentions. Basically just a cv and portfolio with videos. Lots of downloads and blitz3d source code.
If people wants that I put my libaries up again I will look into it.

Ross C(Posted 2009) [#6]
Can i get the full version for some sort of payment then? :o) Your current site only has the demo version too.

SabataRH(Posted 2009) [#7]
Hey Ross C, was wondering if you ever was able to purchase a license for this? I was going to attempt to get one as well but if you were unsuccessful then I'll forget about it.

puki(Posted 2009) [#8]
Blitz3d is amazing, especially in terms of stability, it seems it will just run on any machine running windows. I tried one of my games from 2000 and ran it on windows vista, it just ran smooth and stable, even though the compiled exe was more than 8 years old :)

I wonder if he is related to me - a distant cousin?

Naughty Alien(Posted 2009) [#9]
..I seriously recommend this proggy, if eventually Panorama is out of reach..I have tested it and working like a charm...

http://www.earthsculptor.com/

Doiron(Posted 2009) [#10]
There's also Gile[s] 2 which has an excellent terrain tool with export capabilities that in the meantime was even been released for free:
http://www.frecle.net/index.php?show=&section=giles&sub=download

GaryV(Posted 2009) [#11]
Hey Ross C, was wondering if you ever was able to purchase a license for this? I was going to attempt to get one as well but if you were unsuccessful then I'll forget about it.
Isn't it not only on the site, but the source code also freely downloadable?

slenkar(Posted 2009) [#12]
OI Nielson, NOOOOOOOO!

SabataRH(Posted 2009) [#13]
but the source code also freely downloadable?

Obviously not.

I also looked at this one but exporting to OBJ with 'supertexture' is just ugly... Was hoping to get a license for panaroma since it exports to layered b3d.

I tried te.d, ale and a few others but none of them did I care for much. The panaroma demo i did however like, simple tools, standard gui and the sculpting tools worked fluently.