Problem Animation load on Xors3D

Community Forums/General Help/Problem Animation load on Xors3D

Yue(Posted May) [#1]
Hello, I have a problem when loading an animated mesh B3D to Xors3D with BlitzMax, this does not work, any suggestions.

The animation works properly with Blitz3D. I have come to think that he is the exporter of fragmotion.

Hardcoal(Posted May) [#2]
Sorry mate cant help you in that ATM.
but if you send me you animation i can try it too

RemiD(Posted May) [#3]
Not sure i follow your logic...
From my experience, the b3d exporter of Fragmotion works correctly, and obviously the b3d importer of Blitz3d works correctly, so you can use rigged skinned animated b3d created with Fragmotion in Blitz3d without problem.
However, i don't know if the b3d importer of Xors3d works correctly, maybe this is the problem...

Yue(Posted May) [#4]
Hi, already solved the problem. The animations work correctly in Blitz3D but not in Xors3D. The problem is that Xors3D, does not allow loading a model which has bones without vertices assigned to the model. The mistake is that the model has a bone in the back and others in the hands that do not have assigned vertices, these are to carry backpacks or have objects with the hands.

In Blitz3D this is not a problem, but in Xors3D, the requirement is that those bones have a vertex assigned at least.

All this I discovered after pruba and error. It's awful.

Is this a DirectX 9 requirement? Although I think well, I think not, as Xors3D allows fbx, ms3d, and x animated format and you do not perceive that problem.

RemiD(Posted May) [#5]
Xors3d was buggy, it is not a big news...

Yue(Posted May) [#6]

This code must be active in both Blitz3D and Xors3D, but it does not work when exporting the model incorrectly from Fragmotion.

In this case Blitz3D executes the animations correctly without any problem, but the strange thing is that in xors3D, it is obligatory that the model is exported from fragmotion with a marked animation, otherwise it will not work.

And then I can not understand why Fragmotion exports differently for Xors3D, where the bones must have at least one assigned vertex and the skeleton have an animation. But the important thing is that I already understand.