7zip

Community Forums/General Help/7zip

dna(Posted May) [#1]
Hello

What does a person do when they lose the password for a 7zip file?

I tried a few of those free online ones and some do not work even with the test file. They check numbers only and no characters.

Is there a free 7 zip password cracker or remover?

xlsior(Posted May) [#2]
In all likelihood you're screwed. If you have a halfway decent password, it will take a VERY long time to break. 7-zip's encryption is much better than the one used by standard zip.

https://sourceforge.net/p/sevenzip/discussion/45797/thread/fd12af22/

xlsior(Posted May) [#3]

xlsior(Posted May) [#4]

xlsior(Posted May) [#5]
Looks like the forum creates two postings whenever you edit one.

Derron(Posted May) [#6]
You must use the "edit"-link (which knows your post-id then). Using "back" of your browser leads to the duplicates as the forum stores a new entry for every edit - but the old edit-post-form still contains the old id of your previous post "incarnation". This is also why your edits always seem to edit the original instead of your "duplicate".

Bye
Ron

xlsior(Posted May) [#7]
You must use the "edit"-link (which knows your post-id then). Using "back" of your browser leads to the duplicates as the forum stores a new entry for every edit - but the old edit-post-form still contains the old id of your previous post "incarnation". This is also why your edits always seem to edit the original instead of your "duplicate".

I definitely did click edit, always do -- I would never expect the back button to work properly on a dynamic website...

Although I guess it's possible my browser cache (Chrome) spazzed out somehow, I've had many dozens of instances open simultaneously while working on a bunch of webpage stuff.

xlsior(Posted May) [#8]
As an aside: While I'm writing this, it says on the forum page itself that this thread contained 5 posts, while the actual open thread itself shows 7.

markcw(Posted May) [#9]
I definitely did click edit, always do -- I would never expect the back button to work properly on a dynamic website...

There is another way to do that I think, I'll test it.
Test 1
Test 2
Hmm no it seems fine.
I just thought if you click edit and are then returned to the thread, when you click edit again then it creates a new post, but it didn't.

dna(Posted May) [#10]
Thanks for the link to the thread.

I'm switching to 7zio permanently