BlitzMax, Monkey-X or Monkey 2 lessons

Community Forums/General Help/BlitzMax, Monkey-X or Monkey 2 lessons

Playniax(Posted 2016) [#1]
Hi guys,

As you know Pyro 2 was just released and that means I have a lot of time on my hands now ( well, more time than before ).

Would some ( I am thinking beginners ) here be interested in getting lessons from me by Skype? I would like to try this as an experiment and see how that goes. We all know getting started with the BRL / Playniax docs can be a pain but with a little help in the beginning things can take off really fast.

It will not be free, btw but if you are sincerely interested then drop me a line by email and we can discuss terms.

Bye,

Tony
Playniax

RemiD(Posted 2016) [#2]
I am interested in blitzbasic lessons, please. ;)

AdamStrange(Posted 2016) [#3]
mmm,
We all know getting started with the BRL / Playniax docs

I might be wrong, but doesn't that point out that your documentation isn't really good enough?
Would it not be better to spend some time working out what is wrong with the docs and making them better?

Having done documentation I know it's a real pain, but something clear (even a pdf as a book) with each command clearly documented with working examples maybe. You could even charge for a book download. but make sure your supplied docs are up to scratch in the first place.

Ask yourself this. I am a new user what does this do, allow me to do and how do I get to it simply and without pain.
E.G.
I've already got a game and I want to use those nice particle things.
Q. how do i create them
Q. How do I access them
Q. How easy is it to add to my own code, etc.

I you can't answer the above simply and without fuss, then your api/docs needs some attention...
;)

One more thing.
Q. Can I add the particles without any other guff and frameworks and cameras, and entities, etc. that I don't need? And if I do need this stuff. Why?

Be careful not to lock people into your way of thinking or using your code because you want to sell them other support, code, etc

Naughty Alien(Posted 2016) [#4]
...since Pyro 2 seems to be free, does that mean that ignition(BMAX) is free too (as it was mentioned in some other thread)?

Playniax(Posted 2016) [#5]
doesn't that point out that your documentation isn't really good enough?

Nope, it doesn't mean that at all. Thing is, I was born with a computer in my lap ( well not really but you know what I mean ) so I have some basis skills before diving in a new language. Everybody has a different background so having that custom made attention can really help some one get started.

I you can't answer the above simply and without fuss, then your api/docs needs some attention...

I never had a real problem with the BRL docs and I have put a lot of effort in the Ignition / Pyro docs so I consider them to be 'ok' but not everybody will agree just because of there background ( which is fine ) so yes they need attention all the time. Especially Monkey 2 and Pyro 2 but I hope the lessons will give me some good feedback too.

Be careful not to lock people into your way of thinking or using your code

It will be just a way of doing things, not THE way.

Besides I spent a lot of time on support by Skype anyway and decided to offer this.

Playniax(Posted 2016) [#6]
...since Pyro 2 seems to be free, does that mean that ignition(BMAX) is free too (as it was mentioned in some other thread)?

Yes, it will be but give me some time to get it ready. I want to give it an update first.

degac(Posted 2016) [#7]
Quick idea: what about start publishing some youtube videos for 'very basic' setup/demo? Just to show the iter from type in the IDE and the results obtained.
No audio, just focus on what you type and what you get as result.

This of course doesn't exclude a skype-support or other form.
Tutorials are always the loooong and boring things!

Naughty Alien(Posted 2016) [#8]

Yes, it will be but give me some time to get it ready. I want to give it an update first.

..thank you so much man..does ignition have its own gui system?? If so, what gadgets are supported??