Blitz3d limitation or Directx7 limitation (blendin

Community Forums/General Help/Blitz3d limitation or Directx7 limitation (blendin

RemiD(Posted 2016) [#1]
Blitz3d limitation or Directx7 limitation ? (blending)
( why the allowed number of characters in the title of each post is so low ?!!! )

Hello,

I have done some tests with textureblend and entityblend, combining the 2 in different ways, and i wonder if the resulting colors and lighting/shading is influenced by Directx7 and always the same whatever the "graphics engine" or is also influenced by Blitz3d and thus could be different with a different "graphics engine" ?

Let me give you an example :
If there is one surface with a brushblend alpha (with alpha 1.0), and one reflecting texture (1+128 + cubemap mode1) on layer0 with a textureblend alpha (with alpha 1.0), and one colors masked texture (1+4) on layer1 with a textureblend alpha (with alpha 1.0)
The resulting blending looks like this :

which is incorrect imo, because the final shape should not be fullbright, the resulting blending should look like this :

(this one is achieved using 2 surfaces, one surface (slightly smaller, to be a inside "layer") with a brushblend alpha (with alpha 1.0), and one reflecting texture (1+128 + cubemap mode1) on layer0 with a textureblend alpha (with alpha 1.0), and one surface (slightly bigger, to be a outside "layer"), with a brushblend alpha (with alpha 1.0), and one colors masked texture (1+4) on layer0 with a textureblend alpha (with alpha 1.0)

all surfaces are fx 0 (not fullbright)

Which is a problem since to achieve the second result, i would need 2 times more surfaces/vertices/triangles...