Help, I need some community feedback!

Community Forums/General Help/Help, I need some community feedback!

skidracer(Posted 2016) [#1]
First question: Do yous use the subscribe system?

Second: Do you mind if we consider a site alert instead of an email notification?

I would like to switch hosting in the new year and not that keen on inheriting an email gateway so there is that.

Floyd(Posted 2016) [#2]
I tried it when it was new but never really used it.

I'm here fairly often and nothing is particularly urgent so there is no real need.

RemiD(Posted 2016) [#3]
First : no
Second : no

cps(Posted 2016) [#4]
Site alert seems the way to go, have fun cps

Zethrax(Posted 2016) [#5]
I've never bothered with the subscribe system. Generally I just check Active Topics, as I have the link on my Opera speed dial.

Grisu(Posted 2016) [#6]
First : no
Second : no

Chalky(Posted 2016) [#7]
1st : No
2nd : No

Derron(Posted 2016) [#8]
Regarding the issues we had in the past, I think some of the users use the subscribe-feature.
-> there were issues with errors on mailing to xyz@bla... (information was truncated on the error page). they happened when you posted something in a thread with subscribers.

@ mail gateway
Hmm, as postmaster@... will surely have to get informed on errors - or you might have daily mails concerning fail2ban, spam logs or whatever, you will surely have to install sendmail/postfix/... and from there it is no biggy to have php be able to use that too.

is it because of security concerns?

bye
Ron

MikeHart(Posted 2016) [#9]
+1 to Site alert.

degac(Posted 2016) [#10]
+1 to Site alert.

Blitzplotter(Posted 2016) [#11]
1, no, 2 no ;)

AdamStrange(Posted 2016) [#12]
no and no

xlsior(Posted 2016) [#13]
no, no

Wiebo(Posted 2016) [#14]
no and no :)

skidracer(Posted 2016) [#15]
Thanks all!

The plan is to remove the Subscribe button leaving only one choice - the obligatory frosty beverage donation.