Monkey - differing version numbers in compile o/p

Community Forums/General Help/Monkey - differing version numbers in compile o/p

Blitzplotter(Posted 2016) [#1]
Hello,

I've searched around (unsuccessfully) to resolve why when I'm compiling I get two different versions of Monkey release in my build file to no avail:

BUILD SUCCESSFUL
Total time: 0 seconds
Buildfile: E:\Monkey_Dev_WC\trunk\MonkeyXPro86e\bananas\hitoro\basicgame\basicgame.buildv79e\android\build.xml

Does it matter that buildv79e is being refered to as well as 86e higher up the path? Or is it a red herring ?

Hmmm, I suspect this is also related:

"E:/WEB_DEV/MonkeyXPro79e/bin/transcc_winnt" -target=Html5_Game -config=Debug -run "E:/Monkey_Dev_WC/trunk/MonkeyXPro86e/diddy-default/8396_try_1.monkey"
TRANS monkey compiler V1.72

I'm beginning to suspect my latest and greatest Monkey needs to be in the root of the C Drive.

On Windows, Monkey also updates itself in the Windows registry if it is a newer version than the version currently registered. In addition, if no registry key is found for the .monkey file extension, one is created and associated with Monkey.

Okay, think I seen evidence of this when I moved latest Monkey to C:/ when I received a pop-up stating Monkey has now been found within C:/ instead of where it was previously.... Nevertheless different version numbers in compiler output seem to persist.

MikeHart(Posted 2016) [#2]
Trans has its own version number which does not reflect the release number. The 79e is the release number. You are not using the latest version.

Blitzplotter(Posted 2016) [#3]
Thanks for the help Mike, I suspect I need to try and locate what config files determines what transfer target is specified.

When opening the 'Monkey' executable from the root of the Monkey installation, I do not have any targets populated within the build options.

Its only when I drill down to the files within the examples folders, then open the files from where they reside by double clicking on the file themselves that I have build options - any ideads why ? echoing %MONKEYDIR% returns the path to the Root Monkey executable.