I need help to log in the BlitzBasic Forum!

Community Forums/General Help/I need help to log in the BlitzBasic Forum!

Alex. L.(Posted 2016) [#1]
Hi support,

I recently changed my password and I
forgoten it, it could be cool
to help me retreive it!

Nick: Xylvan

Thanks for helping us!

Friendly,

Alex. L.,
Xilvan Design

Floyd(Posted 2016) [#2]
Did you change your name too? Profile says Xilvan.

http://www.blitzbasic.com/Account/showuser.php?id=7462

Alex. L.(Posted 2016) [#3]
Name: Xilvan

BlitzMan(Posted 2016) [#4]
You have logged in and posted .So you must have a password. :)

Floyd(Posted 2016) [#5]
I mentioned the spelling Xilvan thinking maybe that was causing the login failure.

But I've just tried logging in. A wrong name produces an unrecognized name error. Once the name is correct a bad password will give an error message about an incorrect password.

Alex. L.(Posted 2016) [#6]
The Name was Xilvan.

Derron(Posted 2016) [#7]
Write to the support (email address)?

Bye
Ron

Dan(Posted 2016) [#8]
I see, there is no real way to contacting the Support of this site over ww.blitzbasic.com site(s).

Look:

Blitz Research FAQ
under Website - General, points to I've forgotten my site password - what now?

and If your profile does not contain a valid email address or you have forgotten your username then please contact Support, providing as many of your account details as you can (name/nickname/username/password/email address/registration code).

The support link, then says following (iv checked it as logged in and logged out user):

For product support, please sign up to this site and ask your questions in the incredibly helpful and friendly forums.

On the other hand, Blitzresearch is active on monkey-x site, so maybe there you can ask, if they are able to help you with the login on www.blitzmax.com

Maybe Blitz Support should fix this ? *hint*

edit: after clicking arround, i rememberd once, they asked to contact the support, for the toolbox entry.
And that page does have an email address, at the bottom

Floyd(Posted 2016) [#9]
When you log in there is a link to request a new password. No idea if it works.

I learned that when I tried my experiment yesterday, but forgot to mention it here.

Maybe Blitz Support should fix this ? *hint*

I assume they already fixed it, by removing the link and suggesting that you ask on the forums.

With BlitzMax/3D/Plus all free they probably don't want to provide much support. And nobody is locked out of asking on the forums since they can create a new free account.

Derron(Posted 2016) [#10]
Simon H. responded the last time (feb.2015) I sent an email to the support at: support_REMOVE-ME_@...

Dunno if there is still some receipient connected to this address (it should...at least ;-)).

An alternative is to write to Mark itself:
blitzmunter_REMOVE-ME_@...

(btw: "blitzmunter" is German for being "absolutely awake")

PLEASE drop a line once you mailed them, so I can remove the (obfuscated) email addresses from this post.

bye
Ron

RemiD(Posted 2016) [#11]
Hence the usefulness of a "send my password to my email address" script. :)

Floyd(Posted 2016) [#12]
I did mention that there is one of those, but probably should have posted a link.

http://www.blitzbasic.com/Account/reset_password.php

Zethrax(Posted 2016) [#13]
If you need to contact BRL support then you can do it via the contact form on the Monkey-X site. Link below.

http://www.monkey-x.com/Contact/_index_.php

Dan(Posted 2016) [#14]
@Floyd, the reset password link works only, if you have still the old email address. Xylivan stated that he does not have it.

@Xylvan, please remove your emails from your posts.

You never know if some spambots are searching the forums for email adresses, so it is not advisable to paste the emails here.

Alex. L.(Posted 2016) [#15]
Hi everybody,

I recently posted on
the monkey-x site.

Thanks for helping
me logging in!

Friendly,
Alex. L.

Zethrax(Posted 2016) [#16]
You never know if some spambots are searching the forums for email adresses, so it is not advisable to paste the emails here.

Email addresses are hidden from anyone viewing the site who isn't logged in. Though that's less useful now that anyone can setup an account without needing to have bought a Blitz product.

Floyd(Posted 2016) [#17]
Email addresses are hidden from anyone viewing the site who isn't logged in.

I'm always logged in here and never noticed that. But, as you say, anyone can be logged in.

Dan(Posted 2016) [#18]
Didnt knew that the forum filters out email adresses for not registered Users. Thanks for the hint, Zethrax.

Alex. L.(Posted 2016) [#19]
What's happening?

Xilvan(Posted 2016) [#20]
Hi everybody,

I've just logged in!

Thanks for all support.