concerns about physical

Community Forums/General Help/concerns about physical

Yue(Posted 2016) [#1]
Someone can help me enteder these commands , aid not tell me anything useful and to make matters worse not speak English .

for i = 0 To xEntityCountWheels(coche%) - 1
xEntityWheelSetRadius(coche%, i, 1.0)
xEntityWheelSetMaxSuspensionForce(coche%, i, 6000.0)
xEntityWheelSetSuspensionLength(coche%, i, 1.5)
xEntityWheelSetSuspensionStiffness(coche%, i, 3.8)
xEntityWheelSetSuspensionDamping(coche%, i, 0.22)
xEntityWheelSetSuspensionCompression(coche%, i, 0.3)
xEntityWheelSetFriction(coche%, i, 1000)
xEntityWheelSetRollInfluence(coche%, i, 0.18)

Next

xEntityWheelSetRadius(coche%, i, 1.0)

This is the only thing I understand is that assigns a radio ele rim axis, Golds are suspenciones but I can not understand them.

I appreciate the help

Trinosis(Posted 2016) [#2]
A quick google translate reveals that Coche is spanish for car.

So i would assume that coche refers to the car entity / object.

Not sure what what the variable / constant ( i ) is.

xEntityWheelSetRadius(coche%, i, 1.0) = Refers to the size of the wheel

xEntityWheelSetMaxSuspensionForce(coche%, i, 6000.0) = How much force is used by the suspension system. The heavier the car the more force would be required.

xEntityWheelSetSuspensionLength(coche%, i, 1.5) = How far the suspension travels. How far the wheel moves from the chassis.

xEntityWheelSetSuspensionStiffness(coche%, i, 3.8) = Suspension spring stiffness. A high stiffness would require a high force to move the spring.

xEntityWheelSetSuspensionDamping(coche%, i, 0.22) = Prevents the suspension springs from oscilating back and forth.

xEntityWheelSetSuspensionCompression(coche%, i, 0.3) = I would imagine this is the minimum length the suspension will compress too.

xEntityWheelSetFriction(coche%, i, 1000) = Grippiness of the wheel / tyre. As an example, If a car wheelspins the friction level is low.

xEntityWheelSetRollInfluence(coche%, i, 0.18) = This a bit of an unknown. Roll suggests somehow a force acting in the direction the wheel rolls.

In car physics the wheel friction or gripiness is usually split into longtitude and lateral forces with the Pajecka formula.
Don't know if that's used in this system though.

Yue(Posted 2016) [#3]
Thank you very much. What happens is that you need to create a tire that has no suspension, but somehow the system applies some suspension, the idea is to make a tire as those carts where babies, fixed tires are carried, but in my prototype to leventar cart suspension is not as efecuta and remove it.

Greetings.