Windows 10?

Community Forums/General Help/Windows 10?

CuteNCreamy(Posted 2016) [#1]
Hey, I'm new to this program, as well as the community! I wasn't sure where to post
about a possible compatibility issue, so I figured I'd start in General Help. Sorry if I'm
inconveniencing anybody. So, I have recently acquired a new Laptop using the OS
Windows 10. It has a 64-bit OS, as well as i7-4710MQ CPU 2.50GHz, if that helps. It is
capable of running most graphics-heavy games, at least to a decent extent. I highly
doubt that graphics capability, or processing power is the issue. I have never run this
program on a different OS, and when I've tried to run the .exe just now a few times, I
receive the error simply stating "Unable to run Blitz Basic" . I looked it up to see if
there were any issues with Windows 10 compatibility and was a little confused to find
people saying it worked fine with Windows 10, but for a few graphics re-configurations.
I tried the troubleshooter, which, unsurprisingly, told me it was a compatibility issue.
I'm sort of at a loss at this point. I'm certain I downloaded the Windows version of
Blitz3D. I have run the prograam as an administrator every time. I'm wondering if
maybe there is a simple issue I'm missing, or in the less fortunate case, whether it
won't work on Windows 10 at all and I'll have to Virtual Box it on Windows 7. Virtual
Boxes and I don't get along all that well, but I'll certainly give it another try if it means
I'll get to try this program. Alternatively, there may be some other problem staring me
directly in the face that I'm missing. Either way, I really appreciate any help or advice
anybody has to offer, and that's basically my conundrum.

Thanks!

xlsior(Posted 2016) [#2]
It sounds like you may have a corrupted version -- have you tried to redownload the installer?

TomToad(Posted 2016) [#3]
Make sure that you have the latest version. I think that the store download link is still serving an older version. At the top of the web page, click on Account. Now above where it says User profile for CuteNCreamy, you will see links for "View Profile," "EditProfile," "Product udates," etc... Click on Product Updates. Now on the list shown, click and download [b]Blitz3D Version 1.108c. Install and enjoy :)

CuteNCreamy(Posted 2016) [#4]
Hey, thanks for the help! I tried a number of different things before coming to the conclusion that I did in fact have a corrupted install, because after I uninstalled and reinstalled it, it worked perfectly! Thanks a ton for your quick and useful responses!