BlitzMax and commercial usage

Community Forums/General Help/BlitzMax and commercial usage

darkhog(Posted 2015) [#1]
I'd rather use Monkey, but as it stands now, I can't afford it. Can I use BlitzMax commercially to earn enough money?

therevills(Posted 2015) [#2]
Enough money for what? :)

Yes you can use BlitzMax to make commercial games.

Matty(Posted 2015) [#3]
Usually you have to spend money to make money.....so if you cant afford monkey even though blitzmax is free I'd severely doubt you will be able to produce something and market it for a budget that is too low to afford monkey.....

Edit:an old adage on an old engine's website that i doubt exists anymore was "your first 10 games will be cr@p" - dont expect to set the world on fire with a one man coding project...

darkhog(Posted 2015) [#4]
@therevills, Thank you very much.

@Matty, Don't worry, I've been programmed since I was 10 years old, which would be now about 15 years. I was doing mostly games and I am good pretty much anything except for the music, and there's plenty of free CC music allowed for commercial use nowadays. The only thing being that I've never released anything commercial.

MikeHart(Posted 2015) [#5]
Well, the free version of Monkey targets desktop too.

Brucey(Posted 2015) [#6]
I've been programmed since I was 10 years old,

Don't worry. We are all brain-washed in some way or other.

Can I use BlitzMax commercially to earn enough money?

That probably depends on how much you charge for your software, how many people pay for it, and how much you consider is enough.
Some people here get excited when they make "a" sale, let alone when they have a stream of income coming in.

Good luck.

darkhog(Posted 2015) [#7]
Well, enough money for Monkey X, that is, Brucey!

@Michael, but you can't use it for commercial purposes, I already checked. And if I was to get it, it'd be most likely with that Box2D support ($99 tier).

LT(Posted 2015) [#8]
dont expect to set the world on fire with a one man coding project...
Aw, nuts...