BB v1.24 (2D Blitz Basic 2002) in Windows 10?

Community Forums/General Help/BB v1.24 (2D Blitz Basic 2002) in Windows 10?

c h i e f y(Posted 2015) [#1]
I have still got the old 2D BB but I also have a copy of BB3D just haven't got it installed on this PC

I have tried running this 2D program

Graphics 640,480:ClsColor 204,204,204:Cls:Color 68,68,68:Text 9,9,"Welcome to the VH lottery syndicate - 2003"

WaitKey()

despite being massively simple the PC won't run it. everytime the message "ide.exe has stopped working" comes up "a problem has stopped the program working" then "close program"

so I notice that there are no forums for the old 2D BB, probably it has passed its sell by date over a decade ago, I don't know

all I want to do is get a LOTTERY programme going and strangely the old 2D BB compiled program I did RUNS OK on Windows 10 but not in the editor

I just tried one of the demos included in BB2D and ran it in the editor, same problem - so it looks like typing any new 2D programs in W10 are well and truly over :( hehe well I'll see if 3D works

RustyKristi(Posted 2015) [#2]
You can just install Blitz3D or BlitzPlus since it is just 2D and try to run it, I'd assume it would still work.

c h i e f y(Posted 2015) [#3]
trying BlitzPlus now, downloaded it from GITHUB, trying to install it now on W10, got the README and 7 steps

RustyKristi(Posted 2015) [#4]
or why not just download the binaries here under your Account's Product Updates Tab. It will be less trouble if you're not into modifying the source code yet and the free product key is at the homepage. Something like FREEBLITZPLUS

Good luck!

c h i e f y(Posted 2015) [#5]
the Account Products Updates Tab? ok I'll try it

I found it, this allows Blitz3D to be downloaded, ok I'll try it

c h i e f y(Posted 2015) [#6]
SUCCESS, 3D BB editor works in Windows10

I just tried

Graphics 640,480:ClsColor 204,204,204:Cls:Color 68,68,68:Text 9,9,"Welcome to the VH lottery syndicate - 2003"

WaitKey()

and no problems!!

thanks Rusty for your help :)

RustyKristi(Posted 2015) [#7]
Yes same as blitz3d :-)

c h i e f y(Posted 2015) [#8]
thanking you, I am coding my Lottery programme right now, everything is working fine in W10 so far, looking good!! I just displayed 2 lines of numbers from 2 members of 15, worked great so I think this will be successful

RustyKristi(Posted 2015) [#9]
No problem, sounds great it worked for you! :-) Don't hesitate to ask here if you ran into some syntax issues. I haven't used the early blitzbasic but I'm sure the guys here are very knowledgeable and can help you with that stuff.