Can't add code to the forum?

Community Forums/General Help/Can't add code to the forum?

Krischan(Posted 2015) [#1]
Is there any problem with the board configuration? Over the last days I tried to add a new code to the code archives but I always get a server error message. It looks like the server doesn't like my code but I dunno why, just adding description without the code seems to work. It happens, too when I try to add the code to this thread. Can anybody take a look at this please?

The Code which doesn't work (but compiles with no error here): http://www.christianhart.de/bmax/TSimplex.bmx

This is the description I prepared for the entry at "Algorithms":

Simplex Noise Class
Blitzmax Implemention of Simplex Noise

This TSimplex class for Blitzmax - including a small demo - creates Simplex Noise in 2D and 3D. Simplex Noise is a much faster variant of Perlin Noise and useful for creating procedural stuff. Note: unfortunately it sometimes creates a visible "diagonal break" in the matrix I couldn't resolve as it seems to appear randomly?!? Improvements / bug hunting are welcome.

In my demo you can create a new pattern pressing SPACE and with the 1-9 keys you can switch the zoom/scale of the noise.

Just initialize the Noise with n:TSimplex = New TSimplex and use one of the two Noise_2D/3D methods to return a nice float noise value.

Matty(Posted 2015) [#2]
I've had a similar problem once or twice with the worklogs - it seemed to be something to do with punctuation characters that the server baulked at.

markcw(Posted 2015) [#3]
I had a look and I think the problem is in Method Noise_2D with the variables i1:Int, j1:Int. Rename them to something not ending in 1 eg. i1b for when there is code "1 = 0" there seems to be this server error.